Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (54 Viewers)

The advantages of having an unsophisticated whiskey palate! LOL. I actually enjoy blending and drinking my infiniti bottles. I'll take something I'm less fond of, then blend in something I like to make it taste better. But not the expensive stuff... I'm not stupid! LOL.

And I document the bottles and their proof so I can calculate the proof of what's in the infiniti bottle. When I add something new, I measure how much is still in there as a starting point.
I HAD a bourbon only infinity bottle that I added to and subtracted from for over a year until one day I found it to be better than anything I had in the cabinet. I drank it down to empty and haven’t started a new one yet.

I documented everything that went in…always adding or subtracting 2 ounces at a time and kept track of the overall proof after each time something new went in. I want to do a rye only bottle next since I enjoyed the process of seeing how it changed for better or worse after each time I added something.

IMG_0735.jpeg

Depends on the juice. My buddy got a bottle of rare breed signed by Jimmy Russel, no way in hell I'd ever open something like that up. But if it's a really premium bottle ($200-$300+) I'd have a hard time not cracking it open.
I'm pretty sure that everyone has a bottle signed by Jimmy Russell...
20240822_071922.jpg

IMG_8190.jpeg
Fresh crack but very underwhelming. Similar sour note I get from Maker’s but not as overpowering. We’ll give it a second and third chance after it gets some time breathe a little before I start shipping shit off…again :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Nice snag. I've had my eyes open for one of the 100p single barrels, but have never seen one on a shelf. About how much do they run? I assume somewhat less than the cask strength SBs.
Yeah, these were $69 before tax. I’m on his group me and he publishes his barrel picks. I’m usually there about an hour later. ;-)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom