Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (69 Viewers)

What kind of cigars are you smoking? I'm curious about your thoughts on pairings. I often find lighter cigars like cubans & dominicans pair better with scotches, and darker nicaraguans and maduro wrapped sticks pair better with a good barrel strength bourbon.
In the past 3 months I’ve gone through 5 boxes of AJ Fernandez Last Call. At $4-5/stick these are amazing smokes. I smoke cigars often so I like cigars <$6.

I used to smoke H.Upmann half Coronas which were my favorite little Cubans but I can’t find them anymore and they’ve doubled in price

In the past 3 months I’ve gone through 5 boxes of AJ Fernandez Last Call. At $4-5/stick these are amazing smokes. I smoke cigars often so I like cigars <$6.

I used to smoke H.Upmann half Coronas which were my favorite little Cubans but I can’t find them anymore and they’ve doubled in price
Yeah cubans of any kind are over the moon expensive these days. Are you coming to the Philly meet up next week? I'm hoping we can get a cigar & whiskey table running out back at least one night.

Yeah cubans of any kind are over the moon expensive these days. Are you coming to the Philly meet up next week? I'm hoping we can get a cigar & whiskey table running out back at least one night.

I’m planning to but our home renovations have had a lot of hiccups so it’s 50/50. But trying to make it

What kind of cigars are you smoking? I'm curious about your thoughts on pairings. I often find lighter cigars like cubans & dominicans pair better with scotches, and darker nicaraguans and maduro wrapped sticks pair better with a good barrel strength bourbon.
I think this is fair but I find that even with fuller bodied nics I actually still prefer the scotch so that it’s not two heavy hitters at once.

There’s not a cigar in the world that doesn’t pair well with Oban 14

It’s the new style. Good wheater.

IMG_0781.jpeg

I hope you enjoyed it. I got 4 bottles and gave two away. I drank the two I had too fast. I really liked it.

Thank you. I drank them faster than I should and the extra bottle went to my brother who really appreciated it as well. I've still got 2 left from the second buy, but didn't like that bottle quite as much as the first one. Which begs the question when is BBNAGB #3 happenings? :unsure:

Thank you. I drank them faster than I should and the extra bottle went to my brother who really appreciated it as well. I've still got 2 left from the second buy, but didn't like that bottle quite as much as the first one. Which begs the question when is BBNAGB #3 happenings? :unsure:
I missed out on pick #2 due to work, but the OG Donkey Juice pick was a fantastic experience! Met some great people from PCF, played some poker and shared quite a bit of bourbon along the way!

@wolfpack BBNAGB #3??? I’m down :cool

I try to pair scotch and cigars and it never works out like I want.

I've found that my go to pairing for a cigar is either a coffee if it's cold outside or a coke if it is hot.

IMG_8223.jpeg
This is excellent! Definitely can tell this is heavily sherry influenced. Nutty and fruity on the nose but there’s another sweet note I just can’t put my finger on, but I like whatever the hell it is! Tons of spice on the palate but it enhances the other flavors of fig and raisins along with a delicious candied ginger. Getting a minty note in there too. The finish on this is soooooooooooooo long. Love it! Guess I’ll have to dig a little deeper into yet another style of whisky :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Great sample @Saoliver !

Edit…that sweet note on the nose just came to me…praline pecans

View attachment 1380862This is excellent! Definitely can tell this is heavily sherry influenced. Nutty and fruity on the nose but there’s another sweet note I just can’t put my finger on, but I like whatever the hell it is! Tons of spice on the palate but it enhances the other flavors of fig and raisins along with a delicious candied ginger. Getting a minty note in there too. The finish on this is soooooooooooooo long. Love it! Guess I’ll have to dig a little deeper into yet another style of whisky :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Great sample @Saoliver !

1724983397214.gif

Glad you love it. Cheers to opening new doors!

View attachment 1380862This is excellent! Definitely can tell this is heavily sherry influenced. Nutty and fruity on the nose but there’s another sweet note I just can’t put my finger on, but I like whatever the hell it is! Tons of spice on the palate but it enhances the other flavors of fig and raisins along with a delicious candied ginger. Getting a minty note in there too. The finish on this is soooooooooooooo long. Love it! Guess I’ll have to dig a little deeper into yet another style of whisky :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Great sample @Saoliver !

This is an absolutely incredible dram. Good choice for getting someone hooked on scotch @Saoliver

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom