Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (70 Viewers)

Y’all are just a damn bunch of enablers plain and simple! I came here 5 years ago looking for ONE small set of overpriced clay discs for my cash game and I now have a whiskey collection/habit that is worth probably 2-3 times what my 3, yes I said 3, sets of chips are worth:ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Thank you!
This is the way.

Y’all are just a damn bunch of enablers plain and simple! I came here 5 years ago looking for ONE small set of overpriced clay discs for my cash game and I now have a whiskey collection/habit that is worth probably 2-3 times what my 3, yes I said 3, sets of chips are worth:ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Thank you!
Office Tv Youre Welcome GIF by The Office

Thank you!
While I went from 3 bottles of bourbon that were cool .. I started drinking it (sometimes), and enjoying it. Now I have more than I can drink. My chips are still worth more, but only because I have a 2500 chip CPC tournament set

My younger son told me last weekend that he fully believes he'll inherit my whiskey collection one day, including bottles I currently own. I'm 45...... :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
My kid will definitely inherit a lot of bottles. But also, he hit me with this gem:
It’s true tho. I have a problem… I don’t drink fast enough.

Any time my kid goes in my whiskey room, he sighs and says, “That could have been a vacation to Hawaii.” I have no idea where he heard that. :oops: :rolleyes: Also, I don’t have the heart to tell them it could have been 3 vacations to Hawaii.

View attachment 1377827

I try to pair scotch and cigars and it never works out like I want.

I've found that my go to pairing for a cigar is either a coffee if it's cold outside or a coke if it is hot.

I actually love/prefer coffee with a cigar as well, or a captain and coke!

Pairing bourbon has been difficult, but of the ones I have liked it's been of the toasted variety with notes of s'mores

View attachment 1381373

Jury is still out on this one. It's good, complex anf definitely interesting, but I think it's a little too much on the herbal side for my palate for me to buy it again.

I let the wife pick and she went with the Knob Creek. Working on my second pour now. My feelings are similar to @Irish. As of now definitely not in my top 10 but going to let it rest for a few weeks and revisit.

View attachment 1381384
I like it. Don’t love it. It’s got a mint or maybe herbal on the finish that I don’t care for. Maybe it would benefit from more proof.

IMG_1236.jpeg

Thank you!

I find it difficult to not felt bourbon. Actually I've never done it.

Happy fRyeDay!!! Not sure if I've seen anyone post this one before. I've seen it on the shelf, and wanted to try it, but today I watched an SLB blind and they loved it! It came in second to Alberta Premium in a 6 bottle "affordable and accessible" cask strength Rye blind. So when I checked my local Total Wine to see if it was in stock - Surprise! - They were running a promotion and it was discounted from the regular $62 down to $44!!! So I went and grabbed two of them.

Personally, I like this better than Alberta Premium, which to me is just a little too hot. Creamy mouthfeel and complex flavors. It's a winner. And I hadn't noticed until I cracked it open just now that it's 7 years age stated.

20240830_221620.jpg

Happy fRyeDay!!! Not sure if I've seen anyone post this one before. I've seen it on the shelf, and wanted to try it, but today I watched an SLB blind and they loved it! It came in second to Alberta Premium in a 6 bottle "affordable and accessible" cask strength Rye blind. So when I checked my local Total Wine to see if it was in stock - Surprise! - They were running a promotion and it was discounted from the regular $62 down to $44!!! So I went and grabbed two of them.

Personally, I like this better than Alberta Premium, which to me is just a little too hot. Creamy mouthfeel and complex flavors. It's a winner. And I hadn't noticed until I cracked it open just now that it's 7 years age stated.

View attachment 1381435
Watched it today. I was surprised.

I'm not sure what was a bigger surprise to me, Willett 4 year coming in 5th, or Pikesville coming in dead last. It was a strong field though. They've been raving about Pikesville for a long time, and I can never find it on the shelf here in Houston, so I've never been able to try it. They did stree that all of these are very good, so coming in last doesn't mean it's not a good whiskey.

The 6 Ryes in the blind, in the order they ranked them. These are all the cask strength versions for those that also come in a lower proof.
  1. Alberta Premium
  2. Rossville Union
  3. Hard Truth
  4. Sagamore
  5. Willett
  6. Pikesville

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom