Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (50 Viewers)

View attachment 1402389The bordeaux finishing on this one really shines. Adds some extra layers of flavors and a super long, spicy finish. I love the RB Lusteau, but this one really separates itself with a very unique profile. Definitely worth the extra $ over regular Green Spot!
1728783750289.jpeg

Another neck pour :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

20241012_213155.jpg

Finally found a bottle. It was on the shelf behind the counter. I see that 2 years ago it went for $15. Clerk at ABC Store said it was $26. Thinking back my total including a bottle of Buffalo was around $53 w/ tax so it couldn't have been $26. I didn't save the receipt.

1728783324724.jpeg

Finally found a bottle. It was on the shelf behind the counter. I see that 2 years ago it went for $15. Clerk at ABC Store said it was $26. Thinking back my total including a bottle of Buffalo was around $53 w/ tax so it couldn't have been $26. I didn't save the receipt.

View attachment 1402390
That’s a $18 after tax bottle here, so considering BT is around $32, your total seems correct.

I’m
Well then, I'll buy every bottle I see for that price. Can't beat below $20.
J.T.S. Brown bonded is floating around here too. It’s another sub $20 bottle that’s a fantastic value especially when you consider it’s 100 proof and guaranteed 4+ years old. Definitely worth a try if you find one.

I’m

J.T.S. Brown bonded is floating around here too. It’s another sub $20 bottle that’s a fantastic value especially when you consider it’s 100 proof and guaranteed 4+ years old. Definitely worth a try if you find one.
I don't think that gets very wide distribution. I've looked some for it for a year or more. Never seen it in Texas.

I don't think that gets very wide distribution. I've looked some for it for a year or more. Never seen it in Texas.
It doesn’t and it rarely hits stores here as well. It’s been about 2 years since I last seen it here. J.W. Dant Bonded is another that is a ridiculously good value at $19-20 out the door. It’s another limited distribution bottle that we’ll see here every couple of years that I stock up on when it pops up.

I prefer the Dant over the JTS, but I won’t pass up either when I see them. Worth a try imo

ECBP C924 first impression.....

reluctant_thumbs_up_married_with_children.gif

This is delicious. Sweet and full bodied and viscous. Might be a bit "typical bourbon" in the flavor profile and not crazy unique or complex - I get tons of caramel and oak, some vanilla and cherry, maybe a hint of chocolate, killer delicious and crazy drinkable. Like finish the bottle in one night delicious and drinkable. Of course I'm also like 5 pours deep so that may be playing into this....

Got ambitious for tonight’s Penguin blind… thanks for the BEP @krafticus!

View attachment 1402914
On the nose, the only standout was cellar aged - I expected more from the various wood finishes but I guess it makes sense they come through predominantly on the palate.

CA and BEP had a significantly more viscous mouth feel and both had the longest finishes.

The “forgotten” recipe was by far the most crushable, offering the sweetest and most balanced profile with the French mediant PS close behind (not too bad for the mocha replacement stave).

As an old world wine guy, I enjoy the MM ‘funk’ profile - it definitely lets the mineral qualities come through.

Blind order: BEP, CA, Forgotten, PS, Heart, FAE

The dry oak induced palette fatigue was real, so I revisited them after the blind and would reorder them: CA, BEP, Heart, Forgotten, FAE, PS.

Cheers guys!

Maybe it's just my luck, but I think this is one of the most consistent single barrels out there in terms of flavor. Some very subtle variances bottle to bottle, but they're always good and on flavor profile. This one has the banana cream turned up to 11.

20241014_200754.jpg

Maybe it's just my luck, but I think this is one of the most consistent single barrels out there in terms of flavor. Some very subtle variances bottle to bottle, but they're always good and on flavor profile. This one has the banana cream turned up to 11.

View attachment 1403354
I have to agree. Can’t remember ever getting a bad one either. These are very consistent in my experience as well…
IMG_8409.jpeg

View attachment 1403354
This following the Still Austin seems like a great pair of pours back to back.

Gonna try that

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom