PCF Cigars (5 Viewers)

I had completely forgotten about them. I used to smoke them. Value smoke. Hadn't seen them in many many years.

@joeyshin last time I smoked one was at Empire. IIRC, didn't wasn't that an Empire line they developed? They had like 3 lines they sold.

Last edited:
I bought them from empire too but they weren’t an empire exclusive. I remember buying a bundle Online when I moved away

You are right. I had to look it up because I couldn't remember the history. It's sold at a few select shops and websites.

EL COBRE BY OLIVA​

El Cobre is made exclusively by the Oliva Cigar Family for The Cigar Factory Outlet. Originally a cigar for "Club Perfecto" our private club here in Norwalk, CT, El Cobre has become a cigar with a cult following that has crossed the Atlantic. You will find this cigar sold at the Oliva Cigar Lounge in Den Bosch, Holland as well as a few select shops and websites in the USA. El Cobre has a distinctive flavor and aroma with a toothy Connecticut Broadleaf Maduro wrapper surrounding plenty of Ligero fillers. Those who smoke it, love it and some refer to it by its original nickname..."The Lobotomizer"!

Catching up on this thread. Just bought a 150 stick Audew fridge, after much research, just to bump my dabbling up slightly as an addition to my new home office. Finally got it seasoned properly and humidifying fairly evenly and filled it with some new samplers and some faves. Just tried a Drew Estate Java after my breakfast and man did I enjoy this smoke from wrapper to nub. So light, smooth, and flavorful. Really enjoying the slow burn (bad pun intended) of learning more about the hobby and how to curate a little collection I love now. Great tips and recommendations found here, as always!

Also, from this photo it would appear that my HDM Epicure #2s and my QD’os have arrived at their destination, courtesy of ihavanas. I will not be there to embrace them for a couple months, though, so the fam has tried to put them up as best they can. Each of the boxes appears to be in a separate plastic bag. Should I have them remove the boxes from the bags?

Attachments

• 0BE5A71F-8EDE-488E-AF27-9F29BF01D8A8.jpeg
    0BE5A71F-8EDE-488E-AF27-9F29BF01D8A8.jpeg
    90.4 KB · Views: 51
Also, from this photo it would appear that my HDM Epicure #2s and my QD’os have arrived at their destination, courtesy of ihavanas. I will not be there to embrace them for a couple months, though, so the fam has tried to put them up as best they can. Each of the boxes appears to be in a separate plastic bag. Should I have them remove the boxes from the bags?
Looks like bag is sealed with a boveda pack inside? If so, leave them in the bag.

Reactions: BNM
Leave them sealed.

I already have a medium sized humidor where I am storing 40+ cigars. Getting a large humidor to store all the boxes I am accumulating and a few more separates. Plan to season it with Bóveda 84% seasoning packs for 14 days or so. Any other suggestions?

Also, I think it’s worth saying that this is, by far, my favorite thread on PCF, and it isn’t even close.

Last edited:
Getting a large humidor to store all the boxes I am accumulating. Plan to season it with Bóveda 84% seasoning packs for 14 days or so. Any other suggestions?

Also, I think it’s worth saying that this is, by far, my favorite thread on PCF, and it isn’t even close.
Agree. I have only seasoned two humidors and used Boveda 84 both times. They are holding humidity perfectly for several months now. Just don’t open the lid and wait a full 14 days.

Getting a large humidor to store all the boxes I am accumulating. Plan to season it with Bóveda 84% seasoning packs for 14 days or so. Any other suggestions?

How many sticks we talking? Having you considered a frigeador/wineador? If you’re in a stable climate and are good about being on top of your sticks then a big ole humidor is fine but a converted wine fridge or explicit cigar cooler can make it way easier.

How many sticks we talking? Having you considered a frigeador/wineador? If you’re in a stable climate and are good about being on top of your sticks then a big ole humidor is fine but a converted wine fridge or explicit cigar cooler can make it way easier.
I am based in the Pacific Northwest, so dry isn’t generally an issue. I have looked at wineeradors before and willing to consider those, but I also move bases every few years and larger appliances aren’t always as moveable.

I have yet to try the Serie V. I tried the serie O back when I thought I liked a lite smoke and it didn’t do anything for me. Hoping these will be a different experience.

Last edited:
I have yet to try the Serie V. I tried the serie O back when I thought I liked a lite smoke and it didn’t do anything for me. Hoping these will be a different experience.

they are way different, and if you don't like them I could be strong armed to take them off your hands

• Haha
I already have a medium sized humidor where I am storing 40+ cigars. Getting a large humidor to store all the boxes I am accumulating and a few more separates. Plan to season it with Bóveda 84% seasoning packs for 14 days or so. Any other suggestions?

Are you planning on storing boxes for a long time, for aging? If so, I'd go the cooler-dor route.

https://www.cigarsinternational.com/cigar-101/making-a-cooler-dor/1818031/

If these are boxes you plan to smoke from, you have to find what's gonna work best for you. I went the wineador route, and have four drawers full with two shelves for box storage. Others have tons of Tupperware stacked with boxes in them. Others have built huge custom cabinets.

This rabbit hole goes deep. It's up to you how far you go!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom