SAVE YOUR MONEY (6 Viewers)

Well maybe there will be a reasonable one stop shop Cash Set available ... hoping the design is nice, and Fracs / Snappers are available.

Couple newbie questions ...

Does someone create a chart for breaking down the % allotments?

Is there a way to dry run the purchasing steps?

Humble request for @TheChipRoom any chance if having two separate sale kick off times? Ie a Daytime and Evening launch? Would hate to have to book off work for a chance.

Last edited:
I've played there many times. I have four times as many of their clay quarters in my chip closet than I've ever seen total on the tables there -- they have been extensively harvested. The dealers were even instructed to not use them for payouts; they used real 25c coins instead.

Likely to be secondary clay quarters, but I'll be shocked if there is any significant amount of primaries included in the sale.
But Dave, how many do you have? Two racks? If we’re to believe the leaked numbers, there were thousands and thousands of them. If that many had been harvested, I’d expect to see more pictures of them here than we do.

Well maybe there will be a reasonable one stop shop Cash Set available ... hoping the design is nice, and Fracs / Snappers are available.

Couple newbie questions ...

Humble request for @TheChipRoom any chance if having two separate sale kick off times? Ie a Daytime and Evening launch? Would hate to have to book off work for a chance.

The Chip Room has past sales threads that are still live. You can go through the checkout process and just bail at the payment page.

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/lady-luck-caruthersville-sale-thread.53684/

Last edited:
Well maybe there will be a reasonable one stop shop Cash Set available
I can’t recall him operating that way in initial sales, in the past. Unless it was a small limited release.
Maybe for subsequent sales, at a discount, to clear out inventory?
But I’d guess we’ll see all cash chips sold a la carte, with percentage limitations, for this initial sale.

Yes, they are out there... they've been shared. It also wouldn't be hard to make for yourself.

Use the link that @Eloe2000 referenced. Add *something* to your cart. It will take you to a paypal screen, which you can then use to make sure your paypal cart is empty.

On the day of the sale, be logged in to Paypal *before* the sale goes live.

Sale is usually on a Sunday.

Yes, they are out there... they've been shared. It also wouldn't be hard to make for yourself.

Use the link that @Eloe2000 referenced. Add *something* to your cart. It will take you to a paypal screen, which you can then use to make sure your paypal cart is empty.

On the day of the sale, be logged in to Paypal *before* the sale goes live.

Sale is usually on a Sunday.
Usually on a Sunday, and a time that also works for Europe non the less. Hope that continues this time!

Nobody has said. My spidey sense is telling me "Jack Cincinnati" ! Actually hope I'm wrong.

I’d like that if I could get 2-3 racks of Cincy $1s in good condition to go with my (gorgeous, minty) Cincy $2s. (No matter how many times I double check, I always doubt my spelling of that city.)

But another rumor suggests a different venue... just a little west and south of there.

Can we start a rule where people can quit asking for favors in a prep thread, let Jim run his sale, and everyone hopefully gets a slice. Odds are this is a big one.

I know it won't happen and there will be 25 "ideas for him to do to make this fair"... And I'll glare at each one of those posts....

Can we start a rule where people can quit asking for favors in a prep thread, let Jim run his sale, and everyone hopefully gets a slice. Odds are this is a big one.

I know it won't happen and there will be 25 "ideas for him to do to make this fair"... And I'll glare at each one of those posts....
This has been "vendor law"
Backed by @Hornet, legal supervisor

52937386-9244-4E50-9F76-BD85D5184C19.jpeg

What in tarnation?!

Did I use it correctly?

Do you just make a rule that no one can make anymore rules?

That's not how this works. That's not how any of this works.

You just divided by zero. Congratulations. The world will probably end before the Chip room sale now.

Assuming that the barrels shown are densely packed with chips, there ought to be a lot less pressure and frustration about everyone getting a nice score here.

Unless it’s like 16 barrels of bicycle-tire roulettes and one of prime secondaries. Doesn’t seem likely that’s the breakdown.

Assuming that the barrels shown are densely packed with chips, there ought to be a lot less pressure and frustration about getting what we each want. Unless it’s like 16 barrels of bicycle-tire roulettes and one of prime secondaries. Doesn’t seem likely that’s the breakdown.
17 barrels of peanuts protecting 12 racks of super rare chips. Super rare.

I wonder if there are mint chips if they're in boxes inside the barrels or if they're just throw all in a pile in there. I think that would be a fun project sorting all those out by type and condition to sell. :vomit:

I was going to make a post offering a certain amount for a barrel, no matter what's in it sight unseen. I was also going to post a picture along side that of the "Storage Wars" television show title card, with PCFers faces over that of the bidders.

Instead, I ended up on Storage Wars wikipedia page (have never seen it), and now I've fallen down a deep, deep hole (no ooc). Currently reading about Pawn Stars now. If I'm not back on PCF by the time of sale, still in for a barrel.

I was going to make a post offering a certain amount for a barrel, no matter what's in it sight unseen. I was also going to post a picture along side that of the "Storage Wars" television show title card, with PCFers faces over that of the bidders.

Instead, I ended up on Storage Wars wikipedia page (have never seen it), and now I've fallen down a deep, deep hole (no ooc). Currently reading about Pawn Stars now. If I'm not back on PCF by the time of sale, still in for a barrel.

YUUUP..

That's like me after watching a Marvel movie trying to piece together the storyline, then reading about alternate storylines, how they meshed storylines, what storyline was coming next, etc.

I wonder if there are mint chips if they're in boxes inside the barrels or if they're just throw all in a pile in there. I think that would be a fun project sorting all those out by type and condition to sell. :vomit:
Secondaries will be mint. Some of the primaries too, probably. I suspect that the barrels contain plastic bags of chips, separated by denom.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom