Things That Are Bullsh*t (16 Viewers)

My son has an ear infection. We get to urgent care at 10:30. It’s now 1:05 and we’ve yet to see a dr. He has to work at 2. What utter crap
"Urgent"
1631386770217.png

Ok. I’ve thought this for a while. Maybe I’m just a misanthrope

wtf are we doing glorifying ‘sports’.( I use the term lightly ) where the only object is to NOT DIE?

just saw this on Reddit about a guy flying through 2 tunnels First guy ever to do it. Whoooop deee fucking dooo.
It just means the rest of the planet has a higher instinct for survival than you.

I already roll my eyes at base jumpers who die tragically doing a stunt.
Yeah. That’s what happens when you jump off buildings and mountains with a piece of nylon to stop you from dying.

I’m fine with people doing stuff to chase thrills. Go for it.
i just think you should have an insurance policy to pay the poor EMTs and other first responders scraping your bits of skull and brain offf the floor when surprisingly… gravity won that round of. ‘Will I survive this jump’
I’m with you there Matt, and I’ll take it a step further - assholes who climb Everest are bullshit. Some real percentage of these assholes die - something like 2-5%, I think. They leave behind families to mourn, and they litter a mountain top, considered sacred by many, with their damn bodies.

These self-absorbed twats spend something like $20k-$50k for the privilege of risking their lives, not to mention the lives of their Sherpas (who’s participation in these “adventures” comes real close to the definition of exploitation in my book.) And for what? To say they climbed Everest? I’ll go ahead and say bullshit, you didn’t! You got flown to a base camp to find all your gear waiting there for you. You got acclimated to the altitude while some chef cooked for you. When you actually started “climbing,” you did so with Sherpas carrying your extra oxygen and crap, and you climbed over crevasses and other obstacles via ladders and ropes that Sherpas risked their lives to lay for you. It’s bullshit, and I can’t understand why these selfish, suicidal assholes are celebrated.

I’m with you there Matt, and I’ll take it a step further - assholes who climb Everest are bullshit. Some real percentage of these assholes die - something like 2-5%, I think. They leave behind families to mourn, and they litter a mountain top, considered sacred by many, with their damn bodies.

These self-absorbed twats spend something like $20k-$50k for the privilege of risking their lives, not to mention the lives of their Sherpas (who’s participation in these “adventures” comes real close to the definition of exploitation in my book.) And for what? To say they climbed Everest? I’ll go ahead and say bullshit, you didn’t! You got flown to a base camp to find all your gear waiting there for you. You got acclimated to the altitude while some chef cooked for you. When you actually started “climbing,” you did so with Sherpas carrying your extra oxygen and crap, and you climbed over crevasses and other obstacles via ladders and ropes that Sherpas risked their lives to lay for you. It’s bullshit, and I can’t understand why these selfish, suicidal assholes are celebrated.
Great point @upNdown, couldn’t agree with this post more. I’ll take it a step further and ad “professional athletes” to the bullshit list as well.
Why is it society glorifies someone who is good at doing things with BALLS?
I mean really, most of these people did nothing more than hit the sperm lottery but people tend to glorify them as well.
How about glorifying some of the hard working people in this country that actually do the jobs that make it run?
Just my two cents and great post.

That is what labor day is all about. Unfortunately, it's been usurped as a day to go to the beach.
I realize that about Labor Day. What I was getting at is…….
Sports stars don’t put food on my table, put fires out at my home if it catches fire, pick up my trash, build me a home, take care of me when I’m sick, come to my rescue if there’s a problem, etc, etc.
Yet some in society glorify the hell out of them, and not just on Labor Day.
Guess you can say professional “BALL” folks just don’t empress me all that much. I’ll give credit to the ones who set up foundations and charities that help people out but I’d think it was fairly easy for them to do such things when their seasons are just a portion of working persons year and many of their salaries are more in a year than a working persons lifetime.
Hoooray for Labor Day.

How about glorifying some of the hard working people in this country that actually do the jobs that make it run?
I agree with this in a way that might not be popular, especially today. Here in America, we’ve glorified cops, firemen, and soldiers since the attacks 20 years ago. It always frustrates me. Don’t get me wrong, I appreciate what they do and I’m grateful for them. But what about the teachers and the plumbers and the garbage men? I appreciate what they all do too, and I’m grateful for them too. But we never talk about them. We need all of them and a whole lot more, to keep the trains moving on time.

I agree with this in a way that might not be popular, especially today. Here in America, we’ve glorified cops, firemen, and soldiers since the attacks 20 years ago. It always frustrates me. Don’t get me wrong, I appreciate what they do and I’m grateful for them. But what about the teachers and the plumbers and the garbage men? I appreciate what they all do too, and I’m grateful for them too. But we never talk about them. We need all of them and a whole lot more, to keep the trains moving on time.
It probably wouldn’t frustrate you so much if you ever needed some of those folks you mentioned services. And if you are fortunate enough to go through life without ever needing any of those services, you are truly wealthy and blessed.

Great point @upNdown, couldn’t agree with this post more. I’ll take it a step further and ad “professional athletes” to the bullshit list as well.
Why is it society glorifies someone who is good at doing things with BALLS?
I mean really, most of these people did nothing more than hit the sperm lottery but people tend to glorify them as well.
Just my two cents and great post.

I used to think this way but changed my view.

we all have to ‘do’ something.

I wouldn’t put pro athletes in the same boat as professional death defiers.

Maybe it’s outrageous what people get paid but it’s still ‘doing’ something.
and maybe it’s a little ridiculous how most people turn pro athletes into Demi gods.
I agree with you that they just happen to be really good at either throwing something accurately or hitting something harder than anyone else.
not something I’d put in the ‘wish I could do that’ category. But I don’t begrudge them getting paid for it

I used to think this way but changed my view.

we all have to ‘do’ something.

I wouldn’t put pro athletes in the same boat as professional death defiers.

Maybe it’s outrageous what people get paid but it’s still ‘doing’ something.
and maybe it’s a little ridiculous how most people turn pro athletes into Demi gods.
I agree with you that they just happen to be really good at either throwing something accurately or hitting something harder than anyone else.
not something I’d put in the ‘wish I could do that’ category. But I don’t begrudge them getting paid for it
It’s not the pay I begrudge, it’s the lack of appreciation and humbleness displayed by many in those professions who somehow think they’ve got it so bad.
Just get a “real job” once and STFU!

When singles sellers on eBay charge $4 for shipping, then mail the chip in a letter envelope with a 58c stamp.....

Makes me want to stab a motherfucker
In a similar vein, I recently tried to book a room for an upcoming family wedding.

$190 per night? It's a slightly busier time of year, and I'm getting a two-bedroom with four beds, so that sounds good. Three nights for $570, right?

But wait:
$210 cleaning fee
$150 booking and resort fees
$110 county and city taxes

Total: $1040 for three nights.

1631744247628.png

In a similar vein, I recently tried to book a room for an upcoming family wedding.

$190 per night? It's a slightly busier time of year, and I'm getting a two-bedroom with four beds, so that sounds good. Three nights for $570, right?

But wait:
$210 cleaning fee
$150 booking and resort fees
$110 county and city taxes

Total: $1040 for three nights.

View attachment 777984
1631746129336.gif

When singles sellers on eBay charge $4 for shipping, then mail the chip in a letter envelope with a 58c stamp.....

Makes me want to stab a motherfucker
$3.42 for a letter envelope? That seller is getting screwed by his stationary store.

Daylight savings time.
Florida passed a law to go to permanent Daylight Saving Time. I fully support this and love the idea.

What's really bullshit is that even though we passed it in early 2018, it hasn't been implemented. Because of (I think) the Uniform Time Act, any state laws that deviate from the nationwide DST standard must be approved by Congress. And they haven't approved it yet.

Homeopathy. You'd get the same benefit eating a tic tac as this shit and it would be a lot cheaper.

View attachment 778095
WTAF is a "dose of globules"?

I love homeopathy. "Here, let me take this stuff that doesn't do anything, then dilute it so much that there's none of the original ineffective substance left. TAKE THIS IT'S MEDICINE."

WTAF is a "dose of globules"?

I love homeopathy. "Here, let me take this stuff that doesn't do anything, then dilute it so much that there's none of the original ineffective substance left. TAKE THIS IT'S MEDICINE."

The most recent textbook for homeopathic studies was probably edited (not written) in 1827.

Playcalling head coaches whose faces are imbedded so far into their notes that they mismanage fundamental obligations like the clock or the down and distance.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom