Things That Are Bullsh*t (16 Viewers)

Birds. As pets. I don't get it. Like, at all.

We're watching a cockatiel for some family on vacation this week. This little bundle of 131 db hate arrived this morning.....

View attachment 904041

I could hear him as he pulled off the parkway exit, 3 miles away. He's been here 15 minutes and there's already a wonderful layer of dust and feathers on the table. And I'm down half a finger. Just look at him and tell me that's not the look of an animal contemplating how to steal my soul....
Caged animals in general..,

We're watching a cockatiel for some family on vacation this week. This little bundle of 131 db hate arrived this morning.....

View attachment 904041

I could hear him as he pulled off the parkway exit, 3 miles away. He's been here 15 minutes and there's already a wonderful layer of dust and feathers on the table. And I'm down half a finger. Just look at him and tell me that's not the look of an animal contemplating how to steal my soul....
I had a cockatiel for many years when I was in high school, he was a class pet and had lost his mate. The teacher gave him to me after graduation because of the bond we had. He was never much of a talker, and man was he bitter. It took the entire first summer and a ton of patience for him to trust me outside the cage. Unfortunately about year after I graduated he became very sick and was found to have a heart murmur, so he was laid to rest.
They are orny animals, but they really have a personality once they become comfortable with you. Good luck with him lol

Edit: fwiw in the above posts - my bird smoky was out of the cage whenever I was home, we kept his wings trimmed in the summer so he could go outside with me. I am not a fan of caged animals either personally, but man did that bird poop on everything. He loved the back of our couch and would watch TV with us, periodically pooping atop it lol

Getting horrible news from the Vet about your pup.
otis.jpg

I had a cockatiel for many years when I was in high school, he was a class pet and had lost his mate. The teacher gave him to me after graduation because of the bond we had. He was never much of a talker, and man was he bitter. It took the entire first summer and a ton of patience for him to trust me outside the cage. Unfortunately about year after I graduated he became very sick and was found to have a heart murmur, so he was laid to rest.
They are orny animals, but they really have a personality once they become comfortable with you. Good luck with him lol

Edit: fwiw in the above posts - my bird smoky was out of the cage whenever I was home, we kept his wings trimmed in the summer so he could go outside with me. I am not a fan of caged animals either personally, but man did that bird poop on everything. He loved the back of our couch and would watch TV with us, periodically pooping atop it lol
I worked with a guy who let two birds fly free in his home. His wife insisted on it. Their house had a funny smell, and everything looked ok, unless you looked behind the curtains! Those birds would sit on the curtain rods and shit all down the back of the curtains!

Otis has cancer, removed a huge bump from his chest but really just a matter of time. Little guy isn’t even two years old.
So sorry to hear this Pat. Whatever amount of time remains for your beautiful friend will be time happily spent. From your posts he has had a wonderful life with you guys!

dude, do 4 more fingers now and throw a towel over the cage
& leave it half a finger in there to let it contemplate it's fate
pity the poor thing; imagine if you were in a little cage and had wings and no poker table or chips o_O

Last edited:
Also, far from Gen Z, but I've never been punched in the face in my adult life.

I'd say doing my best to treat others respectfully is probably a big part of the reason why. If you get punched in the face a lot, you're probably doing something wrong.

I'd like to submit an exception for those of us who grew up training/competing and still coach/instruct stuff like boxing/MA/MMA/DTAC/self-defense, etc... (as retarded or inept as so many beginner/intermediate students are, they still somehow have the uncanny abilities to hit you when you're trying to give them verbal advice during sparring or find the seams/gaps in the padded suits where there isn't any protection) ;)

I'd like to submit an exception for those of us who grew up training/competing and still coach/instruct stuff like boxing/MA/MMA/DTAC/self-defense, etc... (as retarded or inept as so many beginner/intermediate students are, they still somehow have the uncanny abilities to hit you when you're trying to give them verbal advice during sparring or find the seams/gaps in the padded suits where there isn't any protection) ;)
Objection sustained, exception granted.

He's been here 15 minutes and there's already a wonderful layer of dust and feathers on the table
And I'm down half a finger.

do 4 more fingers now and throw a towel over the cage & leave it half a finger in there to let it contemplate it's fate
pity the poor thing; imagine if you were in a little cage and had wings and no poker table or chips o_O

Looking back, I think I misunderstood.
I thought you meant a drink finger. Not a real finger :sick:
1651514987822.png

Last edited:
Is anyone doing a 2021 custom set voting? I'm not volunteering, but just asking...

The markup for online food ordering. Case in point - The Applebee's 2 for $24. In addition to the obvious 20%+ markup to $28.89, there is also a 15% service charge. Toss in another 20% or so for tip, and it just gets ridiculous. That's assuming the restaurant doesn't have a delivery charge, but fortunately I pay $10/month to avoid that.

And yes, I know all the reasons these charges are in place. I also know I don't need to order it, but I'm fat and lazy and felt like ordering in.

(We didn't buy Applebee's, more used to be illustrative)

Screenshot_20220521-200249_Uber Eats.jpg

The markup for online food ordering. Case in point - The Applebee's 2 for $24. In addition to the obvious 20%+ markup to $28.89, there is also a 15% service charge. Toss in another 20% or so for tip, and it just gets ridiculous. That's assuming the restaurant doesn't have a delivery charge, but fortunately I pay $10/month to avoid that.

And yes, I know all the reasons these charges are in place. I also know I don't need to order it, but I'm fat and lazy and felt like ordering in.

(We didn't buy Applebee's, more used to be illustrative)

View attachment 915169
We did takeout from our favorite Mexican spot instead of the usual delivery. Saved $20!

Crypto now is BS to me. Hodling now hoping they will go up a few years from now.
Buying silver was a much better option for me.

I get a daily email from USPS with what's coming to my mailbox that day.

About a month ago, apparently, I was getting a check from University of Toledo Federal Credit Union to State Farm in Atlanta. It was worth a WTF LOL.

Screenshot_20220616-080455.png

That envelope was not delivered that day, thankfully.

Since then, this same letter appears among images at least once a week, and sometimes multiple times.

I know, you're saying to yourself, "No way USPS would not correct that mistake," but it's true. And everytime I see it, I lose more faith in the system I use to deliver poker goods around the world.

I get a daily email from USPS with what's coming to my mailbox that day.

About a month ago, apparently, I was getting a check from University of Toledo Federal Credit Union to State Farm in Atlanta. It was worth a WTF LOL.

View attachment 932384

That envelope was not delivered that day, thankfully.

Since then, this same letter appears among images at least once a week, and sometimes multiple times.

I know, you're saying to yourself, "No way USPS would not correct that mistake," but it's true. And everytime I see it, I lose more faith in the system I use to deliver poker goods around the world.
Hmm..that State Farm check is being delivered again.

Polish_20220624_103730576.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom