What are you listening to? (6 Viewers)

Just listened to this whole thing.

This was one of my favorite bans in my late teens/early 20s. Saw them over 10 times. Have a friend who jammed with them on stage on the Fables tour. I didn't see them until the Life's Rich Pageant tour, and stopped seeing them after the out of time tour.

Document, being my favorite of their albums, and Disturbance at the Heron House being a favorite track, I was sucked in immediately. Replaying that first track again. I'll prolly listen all the way through again...

Just listened to this whole thing.

This was one of my favorite bans in my late teens/early 20s. Saw them over 10 times. Have a friend who jammed with them on stage on the Fables tour. I didn't see them until the Life's Rich Pageant tour, and stopped seeing them after the out of time tour.

Document, being my favorite of their albums, and Disturbance at the Heron House being a favorite track, I was sucked in immediately. Replaying that first track again. I'll prolly listen all the way through again...

loved it as well. had a bootlegged CD of the performance before the internet was a thing, so i've listened to all this many, many times. still holds up for sure.

[R.E.M.]....This was one of my favorite bans in my late teens/early 20s. Saw them over 10 times....

My parents moved to Athens, GA in 1978, and my younger brother went to U GA. When we visited in the early 80's, we'd go to one of the large rock clubs in giant warehouses on the north side of the city, and often caught both REM and the B-52s.

To tell the truth, they din't stand out a whole lot from the rest of the local talent at that time, but they sure evolved quickly, and I grew to love REM in particular. Good times...

I've listened to enough of my daughter's music over the past few years to know there are bands I hate and bands I would probably like if I gave them a shot... but that was about it until a week before WCB when I took her to Warped. Saw some bands with her that I knew I would definitely be in to if I gave them a legitimate shot so I asked her for recommendations on a playlist for my road trip to Chicago, and my view of her bands has changed forever :)

One of them is giving a serious push to making my top ten bands (ever) already, although I will save them for a rainy day.

Another band I've seen a couple times now with her and their stuff is very hit or miss, I love quite a bit of it and can't listen to a good bit more. But this song, this is almost certainly the most addicting song I have ever heard.

ahhh, damnit. jbutts...may I bring this back? cuz I think it's fun

(best band in teh world) ---- gets nasty at 3:30ish, but gets uber-nasty at about 4:30

Last edited:
like my journey to lynyrd skynyrd, i was very late in realizing the depth of springsteen. i was a fan of nebraska, but just couldn't quite understand why the rest of his catalog was worth the time. so, so wrong.

these aren't necessarily my favorite springsteen songs, but on a hot summer night on the beach, they are two of the best to hear. and holy christ could the e street band kill it live back in the day. they still do, but there was something magical back then. if you like seventies R&B, this live version of kitty's back destroys.

I've been listening to Trashcan Sinatras

and Dan Le Sac vs Scroobius Pip

So I was flipping channels in my car on the way home from lunch, and my local college radio station had this band playing. Never heard of them before, but they sound amazing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom