What are you listening to? (4 Viewers)

animals_zpsjafz1ruc.jpg

A little late but...

R.I.P. Lemmy

I can not claim to be a huge Motorhead fan, but I do enjoy a handful of songs. There are a few bands out there that, had they not existed, metal would not be the same. Motorhead was definitely one of those bands.

On the strength of the track used on the opening credits to The Leftovers season 2, I've been checking our Iris Dement

With the series creator's penchant for unresolved/wtf narrative, this is quite possibly one of the finest show/tune pairings ever. Certainly one of the cheekiest.

I imagine there were many high 5s given in the production meeting following the decision to go with Let The Mystery Be.

I also hadn't registered with me that Iris did the duet with John Prine on In Spite Of Ourselves

Disturbed's cover of Simon and Garfunkel's "Sound of Silence". I listen to this over and over and over. It's amazing!

R.I.P. Glen Frey. Too many iconic musicians dying way too young recently.
No way. Yet again. R.I.P. Mr. Hotel California.

I grew up with tunes You Belong To The City and I've Got Mine. Have to take an hour and listen them a couple of times.

There is this great kid named Nicolai at my school who is a musician. I was walking by the Rock Box and heard what sounded like Master of Puppets so I went in. Nico was on the base and since then we have been talking about music any time our paths cross. Today there was a meeting for a student trip I'm co-sponsoring to South Africa. Nico shows up with a Judas Priest Screaming for Vengeance concert T-shirt. He talked about how going to his only concert (Iron Maiden) has forever changed his life. Great kid and sent me home to watch this.

R.I.P. Glen Frey. Too many iconic musicians dying way too young recently.

I have to admit, for all the "I hate the fucking Eagles" talk and as much as I'd typically agree, this song kills. That one line - "Looking for a lover who won't blow my cover; she's so hard to find" - is just so great. The only other acceptable Eagles songs are (imo) Desperado, Take It To The Limit and (shockingly for some reason I have a soft spot for this one) Love Will Keep Us Alive.

RIP Clarence. Still miss him. This one has been in my head for days.

And I'm still listening to Carly Rae Jepsen. Not sorry.

Last edited:
IMO this is the best ever cover of the great Velvet Underground song "Sweet Nuthin'". It's the Black Crowes with their all time greatest lineup including Luther Dickinson from the North Mississippi All Stars.

Velvets are in my top 5 and Loaded is sickeningly underrated by most of their fans. Hate the Crowes, but had to give this a shot. Thank god Luther took the lead vocal. Good listen.

Velvets are in my top 5 and Loaded is sickeningly underrated by most of their fans. Hate the Crowes, but had to give this a shot. Thank god Luther took the lead vocal. Good listen.

Actually that is Rich Robinson singing, Luther is rocking lead guitar. Agree about Loaded.

Actually that is Rich Robinson singing, Luther is rocking lead guitar. Agree about Loaded.

Does he take lead vocal on much Crowes stuff nowadays? I remember when I used to have friends who played them it was always Chris. I could have probably gotten into them more if it was Rich on the mic.

Not much. They hate each other and are finished for good this time I think. They did an acoustic tour a few years ago called "Brothers of a Feather". Pretty damn good IMO.

I've been checking out the most recent Mountain Goats album. Now this track keeps playing on loop in my head during all-day workshops with stakeholders

I have to admit, for all the "I hate the fucking Eagles" talk and as much as I'd typically agree, this song kills. That one line - "Looking for a lover who won't blow my cover; she's so hard to find" - is just so great.

Because Jackson Browne wrote it and agreed to let Glen and The Eagles record it.

I've been stuck on this song lately. So rare that steel guitar doesn't make me cringe. :whistle: :whistling:

Stumbled across the deluxe editions of Exile on Main Street and Some Girls, each with an entire second disc of music that I have never heard.

I am not a hardcore Stones fan or anything, but am pretty excited to give them a listen.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom