Controversial Chip & Poker Opinions (12 Viewers)

None of these polls ever seem quite right to me. But whatever, I’m glad we get to poop on the highly esteemed super fancy starlight chip.
View attachment 1009885
I love the Starlite chip personally. Frankly though, I’m glad we all have different tastes in chips; would be a boring place if we all thought alike! :wtf:

I love the Starlite chip personally. Frankly though, I’m glad we all have different tastes in chips; would be a boring place if we all thought alike! :wtf:
Aw hell, I think the starlite chips are great. I’d kill for a set. I’m just not putting them at the very top of any lists.

This is going to be very controversial…

I’d rather have a used Lake Elsinore set than minty PCAs.

EE3235D5-0796-4742-8B94-D3712B331F44.jpeg

View attachment 1015897
Been constantly shuffling the LEs pretty much for hours every night since I got them, lol, and they are so buttery smooth and shuffle like a dream. It felt so, so wierd shuffling a barrel of minty PCA sec $25s yesterday. At the time I actually had the same thought!

Current shuffle stacks next to my desk.
20221031_174730.jpg

View attachment 1015897
Honestly I think it depends on the level of wear on the chips you got. I’ve seen a pretty broad variety. And if they’re all leaded (I understand some aren’t.) and if the inlays are all textured.

But yeah, well worn leaded Paulsons - not tires, maybe somewhere around the cusp of standing on edge or not - are so smooth and buttery that they’re a joy. Comparing those to crisp, sharp minty Paulsons with nice new textured inlays - it’s like comparing apples to oranges. I like fruit.

People are too secretive with their chips as of late and it has lead to an extreme decrease in quality chip pron. I guess I can understand why, but it still kind of sucks.
Yeah, y'all in for lame content when I am one of the main producers lately. I suck at taking pics.

How many racks of 5 are too many?
If you really want me to get controversial, I say any more than one per table is not needed. Barrel per $100 buy in for 1/2 game is 10/8/2. 2 racks of 5s and you’re good for two full table 1/2 cash games.

People hoard/save/buy and put into play way, way too many $5 chips. Use higher denominations, that's what they are for.
And while we’re at it, how are fives somehow the workhorse chip regardless of stakes?

Playing .25/.50? You need 600+ $5s
Playing .50/1? You need 600+ $5s
Playing 1/2? You need 600+ $5s
Playing 2/5? You need 600+ $5s

And while we’re at it, how are fives somehow the workhorse chip regardless of stakes?

OMG this. It's like people are allergic to using their $20 or $25 chips. No more than 200 chips of ANY denomination are needed for any single cash table at any stakes.

I know MOAR CHIPS is better, but I prefer a more colorful table with more denoms in play. If you want big stacks, go play limit. Sorry I'm not sorry:)

People are too secretive with their chips as of late and it has lead to an extreme decrease in quality chip pron. I guess I can understand why, but it still kind of sucks.
"I guess I can understand why" what does that mean? Not baiting, just curious.

Because big stacks are so much fun. It feels different to win/bet with stacks of 5s vs a few chips.

After winning a big pot and it takes you several hands to properly stack your chips is part of the enjoyment.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom