Controversial Chip & Poker Opinions (12 Viewers)

So it shouldn’t be left to the bidders to decide?
i'm saying if you go into an auction room the bidding won't start at $1 on every item. items of higher value will skip the low bidding stage and the bidding might start at, $100 for example. if someone is selling a set worth $5,000 it just seems pointless for the bidding to be forced to start at $1, is what i was trying to say.

i'm saying if you go into an auction room the bidding won't start at $1 on every item. items of higher value will skip the low bidding stage and the bidding might start at, $100 for example. if someone is selling a set worth $5,000 it just seems pointless for the bidding to be forced to start at $1, is what i was trying to say.
I think the point being made is, you saying it’s “worth $5,000” isn’t proof of said value. The bidding will determine its value. It might bid up to $100 or $10,000……

I completely understand what you’re saying. :)

I won't put minty chips into play.
1671586406619.gif

So it shouldn’t be left to the bidders to decide?
Shouldn't it be left to seller to decide if there is a minimum price, below which he is unwilling to sell? If you start all auctions at $1, then you would also have to have the added complexity of setting a reserve price. It's simpler to just let the seller set their reserve as the opening bid. If no one is willing to pay that much, then there is no sale.

Then just list them at that price. There’s no need to gouge members here and put them against each other for a few more dollars profit. That’s my opinion though, maybe there’s different ones.
Yeah, but then there's the issue of members coordinating with each other to keep a bid low. A starting price or a reserve price simply says that the seller is not willing to sell for less than $x. If you don't feel that the item is worth that price, then don't bid. All buyers/bidders are doing the opposite; I bid a maximum of $y and will not buy for anything over that price. There is no price gouging. The buyer makes a conscious decision and has all the control of not continuing to bid. These are NOT essential products sold during a hurricane (some may have a different opinion :wtf: ). They are collector items, and the bidders ARE choosing the sale price by bidding.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom