COVID-19 (Corona virous) and your home game? (2 Viewers)

The world is super early in the cycle. Also, China and S.Korea did a pretty good job of locking infected areas down. Could it end up being a lot better than 160K dead in the US? If precautions are taken and the virus is harder to transmit/less deadly that thought, sure. But experts seem to think that's unlikely.

Of course everyone hopes it won't be as bad as we think it might be, but when experts say it will likely be bad, why would you gamble putting yourself and others at risk and not take precautions?
As near as I can tell SK is relying on self quarantine vs forced like China....semantics...perhaps. SK is tracking their fatalities by age group. All are well below the 3+% being reported except the above 70 groups

Was going to suspend then thought nah.
B1FCCC1E-E6CD-48FE-8B4B-03376DCF2840.jpeg

Was going to suspend then thought nah.View attachment 422601
I wrestled with this decision up until going ahead and running my game last night, despite all the hysteria. I let the players have at the paper towel. We only live once, let em have napkins. Toilet paper was happily provided...went all out. Charmin ultra

My weekly games are not going anywhere. I'm confident that the large amount of alcohol I consume during these games puts me at risk far more than this virus.

With that said, I advise everyone to stay smart. If you are under the weather, just stay home. There is always another game

What's in the tubes? Pharaoh's?? CDIs??

Very nice picture. Makes me want to be in your club. I have one of those wooden chests as well, with the lock and key. Must be lots of treasure in those chests:tup:

Some really bad news: I suspect George Clinton & P-Funk will probably cancel all their upcoming tour dates

It's pretty selfish to be hosting/playing poker right now. Just because you're not worried about your health is you contract the virus doesn't mean you shouldn't be worried about contracting it and passing it on to others. There are without question, loved ones in all of our social and family networks who are at a very serious risk of death in catching this virus. Please think about them and not yourselves. 20% of those infected require hospitalization. Somehow, people keep overlooking this fact.

Should we shut it down during flu season? That kills more people...maybe give up driving? Sugar? Corn syrup? Salt? Guns? Alcohol? Where do we draw the line?

Edit: Tobacco! How did I forget tobacco!?

It's pretty selfish to be hosting/playing poker right now. Just because you're not worried about your health is you contract the virus doesn't mean you shouldn't be worried about contracting it and passing it on to others. There are without question, loved ones in all of our social and family networks who are at a very serious risk of death in catching this virus. Please think about them and not yourselves. 20% of those infected require hospitalization. Somehow, people keep overlooking this fact.
so just stay home? don't go to work? how long?

Let’s stay reasonable here people, both sides. :tup:

I get @RainmanTrail sentiment but not the tone but at the same time let’s not make this like the nra “slippery slope” argument :D

is the virus a airborne virus or do u need to touch it then put in your mouth?

im glad no one sneezed and i didn't touch my face. i sanitized everything someone would have touched even the bathroom walls.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom