COVID-19 (Corona virous) and your home game? (2 Viewers)

I work for one of the Alterra mountains (IKON pass). They've tried to put in social distancing measures (doesn't really work in the cafeterias/bars) and have no current plans to close as of yet, but my guess is they'll be closed in a week or two at most.

EDIT: I literally just found out they suspended operations, so there you go.

A friend and I were just talking about having to head to crystal or baker and a yahoo article popped up saying Vail AND Alterra mountains were closing. I hope yahoo is wrong, I read my buddy your post so we are holding out hope they jumped the gun reporting on Alterra.

****I didn’t notice your edit when I came back to quote your post. Lol

Let’s stay reasonable here people, both sides. :tup:

I get @RainmanTrail sentiment but not the tone but at the same time let’s not make this like the nra “slippery slope” argument :D
I'm glad he said it. It's helpful to have somebody around who doesn't worry about offending people.

sucks that snowboarding is over, but in all reality I just hope being deprived of some boarding and poker is the worst all of us and our families fare during this. I’ll gladly trade five weeks of snowboarding if it really will help a situation that is as serious as a lot of people think it is.

Still think hoarding TP and other random supplies is stupid, but I’m all about flattening that curve. ;)

In fact, there are serious mental health implications to such isolation. Maintaining some sense of normalcy by allowing kids to see their friends and small groups of adults to interact has a positive benefit, not just the negative result of potentially spreading the disease.
Uh, my kids have been isolated for one day. I'm not worried about their mental health yet.

This virus, being ultra-contagious can become extremely lethal, by overwhelming the health apparatuses of even the most advanced and affluent nations.
It MUST be slowed down through social isolationism, which is about exactly what this Forum is NOT about, ie private chips, ie home games.
This virus strikes hard against the very idea of our hobby.
We, however, must be patient for a couple of months or three, to save the lives of thousands (millions), including ours and those of our kin and friends.
We can play poker again, come summer, God willing.

SUMMER????? :cautious:

Did you say SUMMER????
Next Saturday will be too long... :LOL: :laugh:

Here's an interesting simulation that helps illustrate the advantages of social distancing.

A friend and I were just talking about having to head to crystal or baker and a yahoo article popped up saying Vail AND Alterra mountains were closing. I hope yahoo is wrong, I read my buddy your post so we are holding out hope they jumped the gun reporting on Alterra.

****I didn’t notice your edit when I came back to quote your post. Lol
Yeah, I had concerns about us staying open and had already been talking to management. I think they finally realized there was no way to get people to not mix in the cafeteria or bars.

man up and make a tiny fucking sacrifice for your brother next door and just take a month off from your pointless home game. See y’all online on P*.

Take it easy man!

Swearing at and antagonizing others isn't going to help get a message across.

There is no need to spread misinformation, I award plenty of points in my home game.

IMG_20200315_021419_142.jpg

Here :
Schools closed as from monday
Where home work can be performed companies are sending employees home, I'll be on home office at least till the end of the month but the plannin goes till end of may
An medical regiment have been sent to the south of the country to help local hospitals
Bars and restaurants must close at 10 pm
Restaurants can't serve more than 50 people
Public places like theaters, disco and gambling halls are closed until further notice.
All sports ended their current season

We're expecting more restrictions measures on Monday

I am absolutely canceling my next game. My kids school has been canceled for 2 weeks and I'm not letting them go to the various sleep overs and social gatherings that are being scheduled (teenagers will teenage). I would be hypocritical to go play poker.

It is better to be over cautious for a week or so and see how things go.

I also consider that at 48 I am probably the youngest in my poker group and there are CLEARLY at least 4 or 5 high risk guys (that I know are diabetic, CV disease or respiratory issues). These guys don't need a "opps, I thought it would be OK"

Take it easy man!

Swearing at and antagonizing others isn't going to help get a message across.

There is no need to spread misinformation, I award plenty of points in my home game.
I’m takin it plenty easy. I’m one of the optimistic ones in the main thread. But it’s stupid and selfish to host or attend a poker game right now and I have no qualms calling it out as such.

See y’all on P* for the Saturday NLHE in an hour

And here’s a live stack pic from some OFCP my 9 month old stacks chips just like @CraigT78
736395FF-6510-41A1-8AA1-B79554FCD23D.jpeg

I’m takin it plenty easy. I’m one of the optimistic ones in the main thread. But it’s stupid and selfish to host or attend a poker game right now and I have no qualms calling it out as such.

See y’all on P* for the Saturday NLHE in an hour

And here’s a live stack pic from some OFCP my 9 month old stacks chips just like @CraigT78
View attachment 423046
Yes, but has he drank as much for such an excuse?

View attachment 423034

Here :
Schools closed as from monday
Where home work can be performed companies are sending employees home, I'll be on home office at least till the end of the month but the plannin goes till end of may
An medical regiment have been sent to the south of the country to help local hospitals
Bars and restaurants must close at 10 pm
Restaurants can't serve more than 50 people
Public places like theaters, disco and gambling halls are closed until further notice.
All sports ended their current season

We're expecting more restrictions measures on Monday
My reaction was for the cartoon. Priceless!

Unfortunately, it looks like everyone is social distancing here... but at least i'll have my B+B (bourbon and beer) to keep me entertained!

Unfortunately, it looks like everyone is social distancing here... but at least i'll have my B+B (bourbon and beer) to keep me entertained!

My wife has been social distancing me since she got prego. and that was well before corona virus. So yeah, whiskey and beer and core exercises are key.

Not sure what the rest of us can say to convince some of you that holding home games right now is not wise. Simply telling everyone to wash their hands and not come if they have symptoms is not foolproof in such close quarters.
There is nothing you could say. Still playing. The sky did not fall because we played last night. This is super easy, if you're afraid to play a home game just don't do it. Nobody is forcing you to go, but you are asking someone to take that choice away from others.

Last edited:
It's not about me, it's about helping everyone. Acting in this defiant manner is going to get more people killed for reasons that have been explained multiple times by different posters.

I hope I'm wrong, I really do, but I think those of you who are still dismissing this as trivial will see it quite differently within a week.

Went online tonight instead of live. It was a lot of fun as usual. Worst case scenario is we didn’t have to shuffle and deal, smell farts, etc.

Consequences of being wrong here are much worse.
View attachment 423121
Is there a walk through or tutorial thread on how to join this? Im not familiar with it.

EDIT: Ok, found it. Reading is hard but search is my friend. Just challenging to line up the times being in japan :(

Last edited:
Went online tonight instead of live. It was a lot of fun as usual. Worst case scenario is we didn’t have to shuffle and deal, smell farts, etc.

Consequences of being wrong here are much worse.
View attachment 423121
That’s awesome. Grats in taking it all in stride and finding a dynamic solution!

There is nothing you could say. Still playing. The sky did not fall because we played last night. This is super easy, if you're afraid to play a home game just don't do it. Nobody is forcing you to go, but you are asking someone to take that choice away from others.

One of the advantages China had/has over western democracies when dealing with containing the spread of the virus.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom