Hooker Juice Pr0n (1 Viewer)

Wow, the $5s look in great condition!
Most of them are mint, just don't ask what I have in them! Lmao
20210620_015326.jpg

Soo many different special limited edition chips. Imagine every chip in your stack having different art work! I absolutely love the concept. But then mocked it up one night and OMG what a mess with dirty stacks! Lol
20210927_191540.jpg

20210927_191522.jpg

I guess time will tell when we finally get it in play. May just have to make lots of different sets! Haha

L
Most of them are mint, just don't ask what I have in them! Lmao
View attachment 816160
Soo many different special limited edition chips. Imagine every chip in your stack having different art work! I absolutely love the concept. But then mocked it up one night and OMG what a mess with dirty stacks! Lol
View attachment 816161
View attachment 816162
I guess time will tell when we finally get it in play. May just have to make lots of different sets! Haha
Looking forward to seeing some photos when the main set hits the felt!

L
Looking forward to seeing some photos when the main set hits the felt!
About 18 months into this project, and with the price of the $25s ($40 plus per chip!) Its going to be a while until I can really afford to trully make it playable. Also have to kill those Blues and make them Taj quarters at some point... it's coming along, but a long ways from the finish line. But one day this wicked mess will hit the felt! Way too much time/effort/money invested now to give up! Further into the rabbit whole is the only way to the light! Haha

Also I love the snappers but doubt we would use them in a poker game, maybe as $.50 fracs in a $.50/$1 game... just wanted an excuse to build a mixed rack, that's back when I thought I could get them for $10 a chip... I found a few for that, but most unfortunately were much more, even in rough shape! The sickness is real!

Alright, I am doing a favor for a friend (free of charge because he is one of the most amazing people on this forum! @PGA PRO )

Anyways I never take great before pictures. So let's do this, not a journey for the faint of heart! As @jpietrella will tell you, the JW $1s are absolutely awful, and these last two racks may be close to the worst I have seen.
20211124_191632.jpg

20211124_193122.jpg

Trully next level awful!! Warped to hell!
20211124_200106.jpg

Probably the worst inlays I have ever seen!
20211124_193107.jpg

Probably take a couple weeks to hand clean this awfulness working on them everyday, let's see how they turn out! If I had to put a price tag on cleaning this... I would laugh at $100 a rack to clean. Flatten and oil if that is any hint. @FordPickup92 and I have our work cut out! I will try to document as we go!

Well the final clamps are coming off when I get home... let's recap

We started with
20211124_193122.jpg

Eww!

A mix of Oxi Crystal's, oxi laundry detergent, oxi dish soap
20211124_202026.jpg

Get them in there and let soak for about 15 minutes
20211124_202528.jpg

Oh yeah, the water is gonna get nasty here! Then scrubby time
20211124_204903.jpg

Notice the rings and hats still have some grime in there!
20211124_205238.jpg

Then its magic eraser time
20211124_205326.jpg

Now you can see what Oxi does
20211124_233539.jpg

And here is what is left of our beautiful bath water
20211125_112407.jpg

No chocolate added... that's just hooker juice! Lmao

Our chips are clean but still have loose residue on them. Rise and lay put to dry
20211125_002613.jpg

Stack em up and get ready for oil!
20211125_003930.jpg

20211125_004330.jpg

Let em soak in over night, some say 48 hours but if they are dry to the touch in the AM they are ready to wipe down.
20211127_075054.jpg

On to clamping and flattening time!
20211129_165316.jpg

We set the oven on 170 for eleven minutes, take em out and let them cool for 120 minutes minimum before the next batch...

So what do they look like now
20211129_221808.jpg

Again last batch is still clamped till I get home but...
20211129_222256.jpg

Yayy! They are ready to be poker chips again! Lol

I will try to take some better pics in natural light, that was late last night under a table lamp.

Hand washing and flattening, the best way! Hope you enjoyed. @PGA PRO they are almost on their way home brother!!

Fellow Chipper Ben

Last edited:
Need to take an after pic of my nail brush... talk about gross! The bristles are brown now! Eww! Haha

Again not for everyone, and probably about 10 hours invested not counting cooling time from clamping. Honestly I don't keep track of the time, it takes a long time getting them back to beautiful!

@Ben8257 awesome write up! I'm still waiting for the made-for-TV-movie so I don't have to read in order to figure it all out.

But, I do have a quick question; you clamped chip-to-chip without using ceramic blanks... any color transfer issues?

@Ben8257 awesome write up! I'm still waiting for the made-for-TV-movie so I don't have to read in order to figure it all out.

But, I do have a quick question; you clamped chip-to-chip without using ceramic blanks... any color transfer issues?
We use old ceramics, not blanks... it's what we have and have never had any color transfer issues. I remember you posting about yours a while back and I question the quality of the ceramics there. After 50 - 100 times through the oven the color starts to fade on the ceramics but we haven't seen any transfer on to the chips.

well done ben, those look stellar! bet they shuffle like butter too!
They are very rounded and most would probably just pick another chip in this line up...
20211127_105725.jpg

But for me original Cali leaded chips... sorry I would rather have the original history then worry about all the chips matching. Obviously they didn't have a dime or a $100 so I have to use fillers but the rest is all original. @PGA PRO joined me early on this journey and we have been hunting $1s for him... happy we finally got them and again that Leaded Cali chips are headed back home!

But absolutely they do shuffle like a dream! Nice and heavy!

Well the final clamps are coming off when I get home... let's recap

We started with
View attachment 819581
Eww!

A mix of Oxi Crystal's, oxi laundry detergent, oxi dish soap
View attachment 819583
Get them in there and let soak for about 15 minutes
View attachment 819587
Oh yeah, the water is gonna get nasty here! Then scrubby time
View attachment 819592
Notice the rings and hats still have some grime in there!
View attachment 819595
Then its magic eraser time
View attachment 819596
Now you can see what Oxi does
View attachment 819597
And here is what is left of our beautiful bath water
View attachment 819638
No chocolate added... that's just hooker juice! Lmao

Our chips are clean but still have loose residue on them. Rise and lay put to dry
View attachment 819598
Stack em up and get ready for oil!
View attachment 819599
View attachment 819600
Let em soak in over night, some say 48 hours but if they are dry to the touch in the AM they are ready to wipe down.
View attachment 819602
On to clamping and flattening time!
View attachment 819603
We set the oven on 170 for eleven minutes, take em out and let them cool for 120 minutes minimum before the next batch...

So what do they look like now
View attachment 819605
Again last batch is still clamped till I get home but...
View attachment 819606
Yayy! They are ready to be poker chips again! Lol

I will try to take some better pics in natural light, that was late last night under a table lamp.

Hand washing and flattening, the best way! Hope you enjoyed. @PGA PRO they are almost on their way home brother!!

Fellow Chipper Ben
Hey Ben, send me your bath water… :sneaky:
1638311322329.gif

Looks like too much heat unfortunately
Yes, I believe that that's what happened. I also think I clamped them too hard. But it was one of my first attempts at flattening chips and you need to learn somewhere.

I agree where you can see the chip pressed into the face there, unfortunately I think they got too hot. Luckily they weren't super rare expensive chips, but still sucks. Wonder if the Tstat broke in the heat pad?
I was going to go with me being a complete dumbass and noob... But, okay, you convinced me, let's blame the thermostat.

Yes, I believe that that's what happened. I also think I clamped them too hard. But it was one of my first attempts at flattening chips and you need to learn somewhere.

I was going to go with me being a complete dumbass and noob... But, okay, you convinced me, let's blame the thermostat.
Stuff happens. Those chips were incredibly difficult to flatten and very easily squished. Ya live and learn. I think the best way to do those is lower heat with a slightly shorter time, but multiple times heated and cooled to get all the kinks out. I ended up using our oven at 170 for 6 to 8 mins 2-3 times
Any longer and the faces started to press like yours

Stuff happens. Those chips were incredibly difficult to flatten and very easily squished. Ya live and learn. I think the best way to do those is lower heat with a slightly shorter time, but multiple times heated and cooled to get all the kinks out. I ended up using our oven at 170 for 6 to 8 mins 2-3 times
Any longer and the faces started to press like yours
Chip cleaning and flattening is definitely a learn as you go process. I love what you and Ben have shared with the community. I'm curious, have you ever had any type of water infiltration on the inlays? I've heard people say that when they leave older chips in the water for more than a minute, they ended up getting water under the inlay.

Chip cleaning and flattening is definitely a learn as you go process. I love what you and Ben have shared with the community. I'm curious, have you ever had any type of water infiltration on the inlays? I've heard people say that when they leave older chips in the water for more than a minute, they ended up getting water under the inlay.
Yeah all the time. Older chips, shaped inlays, leaded chips all very susceptible. House molds too sometimes. PCAs were awful for it, primary and secondary. Nearly impossible to soak them with out water reaching the paper inlay under the textured vinyl. That's why everyone reiterates testing 1 to 2 chips before doing a whole bunch. Doesn't matter if they're minty or not either.

Edit: drying them immediately after rinsing helps cut down on the seeping and allowing them 24 to 48 hours for the water to evaporate as much as possible (if it's gotten under the inlay) before oiling really helps too. Chips that have had water under the inlays seem to become more susceptible to getting oil underneath as well

Shaped inlays are usually the worst. Even TRKs, sometimes less than 15 seconds in soap water and it can run underneath. Always test new chips, as long as you don't leave them in there and you get the water off of them they will dry out in 15 minutes or less.

Like you said, live and learn as you go, just be careful! Like oiling shaped inlays, do not get oil anywhere near the inlay, it absolutely will run under there no matter what you do. Whole different technique for those or you will ruin them quick! Even I still make mistakes being very careful!
20211130_192317.jpg

Your rag has to be almost totally dry for these and only oil with your finger tips pressing only the outer ring and max the to the center of the hats.

Luckily we had some spares for those! Uggh

Hi Desert $1s. 30-min soak in oxi clean, wipe with magic eraser, then oil.

Dirty/cleaned/oiled
11A6599E-57B6-4879-81BB-F58960FFFB59.jpeg

Cleaned vs oiled barrels - color really comes back!
1477177C-E14D-47D5-9809-01E99A75A7D8.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom