Host can't pay out everyone, what to do? (31 Viewers)

Bottom line is that if you as a host let someone play on credit then You are responsible for covering that persons debt if they don’t pay.
It’s the equivalent of you signing off on a loan to them.
This burden should not be put on other players who would not have signed off on that loan.

I know it gets tricky when we’re talking more money than people would carry around on them. And I think things get convoluted when you’ve just ‘always done it this way’ in a regular group of players.
But ‘it’s how we always do it’ doesn’t make it right

I’d heard Goldy he’s working on it. But I think the 2 players who are short should be made whole and then he can keep working on it

It scares me a little bit that for two years some people knew that a prominent member here, swindled money of other members. We might not be the same community as we were but we are still often sending chips and money around worth few thousand dollars at a time and trust on a moral line. This incident for me shows that the moral line is skewed, and I would never trust this person for high-value transactions without using a middleman.

We don't know if the Big Loser paid the host and the host said he did not pay.
We do not know if the Big Loser is still playing the game and has since been up and paid out.
We do not know if there are more victims to step forward.

People have been trashed here for shipping things improperly or not on time. But when we are talking big numbers said person got the benefit of the doubt while the community did not.

I believe in second chances, but two years have passed, and said person has attended meet-ups and bought and sold chips during that time. Spending money that could have been used to make this right.

If the players at the table weren't made aware one or more dudes was buying in on credit, that's on the host, and the host should payout said winning individuals and collect separately from that guy buying in on credit. Pretty simple.
Yeah this should have happened 15 pages ago. I'm surprised the pitchforks haven't come out yet...

You trust the host with your buy ins, so you should trust the host for cash outs. Once I was upside down on cash outs. I had a friend handle some of the buy ins for the cash game because I was still in the tourney. When it came time to cash people out, I was short $60. I covered the difference and never again allowed anyone else to handle the cash. Never been short since.

Bottom line is that if you as a host let someone play on credit then You are responsible for covering that persons debt if they don’t pay.
It’s the equivalent of you signing off on a loan to them.
This burden should not be put on other players who would not have signed off on that loan.

I know it gets tricky when we’re talking more money than people would carry around on them. And I think things get convoluted when you’ve just ‘always done it this way’ in a regular group of players.
But ‘it’s how we always do it’ doesn’t make it right

I’d heard Goldy he’s working on it. But I think the 2 players who are short should be made whole and then he can keep working on it
How long can the I'm working on it excuse be good for?

Polish_20240925_104556431.jpg

It scares me a little bit that for two years some people knew that a prominent member here, swindled money of other members. We might not be the same community as we were but we are still often sending chips and money around worth few thousand dollars at a time and trust on a moral line. This incident for me shows that the moral line is skewed, and I would never trust this person for high-value transactions without using a middleman.

We don't know if the Big Loser paid the host and the host said he did not pay.
We do not know if the Big Loser is still playing the game and has since been up and paid out.
We do not know if there are more victims to step forward.

People have been trashed here for shipping things improperly or not on time. But when we are talking big numbers said person got the benefit of the doubt while the community did not.

I believe in second chances, but two years have passed, and said person has attended meet-ups and bought and sold chips during that time. Spending money that could have been used to make this right.

Goldy didn’t swindle anyone.

I believe Just misaligned etiquette

As I mentioned in an earlier post, host needs to knows the players very well to be willing to extend credit. It is okay to tell a player NO. But once credit is offered the host needs to cover that money. If the host doesn’t rake to help offset that risk then the credit should be much more difficult to get.

Nothing makes a game worth playing in if you can’t guarantee being paid when it ends.

Goldfish has made it very clear from other posts his game is very selective to whom he lets in, no pros or nits, perhaps no deadbeats should have been the priority of who to not allow in.

Goldy didn’t swindle anyone.

I believe Just misaligned etiquette
I just looked up the definiaton of Swindle and that might be a little harsher word than I wanted to use, I thought it was a little softer than stealing.

IF for two years he has not taken a single step into ownership when his game owes two players an amount of money, then Im sure some people would call it something worse than misaligned etiquette?

There have been multiple solutions suggested from a lot of people other than the host.

Payment plans, temporary pot rake, selling chips, selling other things. For two years we have heard solutions from everyone except the host. It would not surprise me that now things magically start coming together now that it is public.

I just looked up the definiaton of Swindle and that might be a little harsher word than I wanted to use, I thought it was a little softer than stealing.

IF for two years he has not taken a single step into ownership when his game owes two players an amount of money, then Im sure some people would call it something worse than misaligned etiquette?

There have been multiple solutions suggested from a lot of people other than the host.

Payment plans, temporary pot rake, selling chips, selling other things. For two years we have heard solutions from everyone except the host. It would not surprise me that now things magically start coming together now that it is public.

I said misaligned etiquette because although I haven’t played at his game I know Goldy likes a very casual loose splashy game.

this is not a defense of anything but I can see he might feel like
‘Oh. This loser player isn’t paying ‘us’ ‘ As a collective

Rather than seeing it like most here do, and that the loser player isn't paying ‘him’ and only him

We’re not talking massive amounts here. I think he lost more in bangers 2 years ago. But the principal matters

I said misaligned etiquette because although I haven’t played at his game I know Goldy likes a very casual loose splashy game.

this is not a defense of anything but I can see he might feel like
‘Oh. This loser player isn’t paying ‘us’ ‘ As a collective

Rather than seeing it like most here do, and that the loser player isn't paying ‘him’ and only him

We’re not talking massive amounts here. I think he lost more in bangers 2 years ago. But the principal matters

I see where you are coming from, if everybody would have shared the loss and not just the big winners then it would have made more sense to think of it as "us".

:oops: Also knowing that the host is a Chipper now

I will go to host house, take his chip collection.

Keeping it until the debts is paid.

Or having a Sales sometime down the road to repay the debts

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom