Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (65 Viewers)

20220929_191335.jpg

It happened. Found one in the wild. Retail was $65 + tax. Funny story. At my local sstore after looking at all the bourbon I went and grabbed a couple 6 packs of beer. I got to the register and this bottle was just sitting there. He said "I thought you might like it". I did!

I don’t have the skills to describe what it tastes like, but it’s very nice. Not at all as sweet as their small batch. Not as all as aggressive as a peaty scotch. The lingering aftertaste feels a bit like a dry rootbeer, which is not at all correct and likely the effects of the stout casks. Very glad I picked this up on a whim as I left Ireland- almost didn’t.
4C9809B8-53B1-4B36-ACA0-A27BEE999A6C.jpeg

View attachment 996137
It happened. Found one in the wild. Retail was $65 + tax. Funny story. At my local sstore after looking at all the bourbon I went and grabbed a couple 6 packs of beer. I got to the register and this bottle was just sitting there. He said "I thought you might like it". I did!
Nice work. I haven’t seen a larceny or EC BP near retail for over a year

I've got a few bottles of batch 2 (66.0%). I poured myself one a little while ago, then had to follow it up with a second.

View attachment 996203

Oops. I guess I'm supposed to take the picture  before I drink it.
I just drank some Blanton's, Weller Antique, and three different ages of Pappy! OOOOPS, I forgot to take pics first... :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

20220929_205017.jpg

Currently in a cigar lounge in London, three Americans walk in having struck the deal of their life, by the sounds of it. Casually drop $2,500 on a bottle of Pappy 15 to celebrate, as you do! Out of interest, how much would a bottle go for Stateside?

NOOB Question for everyone…

How do you go about coming up with what a ‘good’ price is for any particular bottle once you’ve decided you’d like to try it? I’m genuinely shocked at how much prices can differ store to store. I’m sure that’s not a unique situation?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom