Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (60 Viewers)

17F8618E-6102-4757-AD2F-02A44C7F77B1.jpeg

I’m in Savannah for family emergency. I am staying at a hotel and picked up a bottle of McKenna 10 to have with my cigar. I just grabbed it because I never tried it. I hate how much I like it. Lol
They don’t appear here that often, but I’ll always grab one every time I run across one. I totally understand your newfound love/hate relationship with this bottle :LOL: :laugh:

Looks like a lot of you guys are using similar glassware. Maybe this one?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JFY6HR...olid=3IQF9HX5UDKZF&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

I've been looking around on Amazon, and I really like the look (and price) of these. I've tried ordering them twice, and both times they sent the wrong glasses. Trying one more time today, and if they don't get it right, I'm looking for something else. Or I'll just get the Glencairn above.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08BX4QPV...colid=3IQF9HX5UDKZF&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it&th=1

Additionally, I'd also like something even smaller, for side by side tastings. I thought these little guys were pretty cute, so I ordered them too. I'll let you all know what I think when they arrive.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08KYCSNN...olid=3IQF9HX5UDKZF&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Happy to hear your thoughts on any of these, or anything else you guys like.
OK guys, I promised to leave a review of these glasses when they came in. It took three tries, but Amazon finally sent the correct tasting snifter. And I also ordered a dozen of the small taster glasses just for fun. Each photo shows the glass with I believe an accurate 1.5 oz pour of this wonderful Four Roses Small Batch.

20221001_211945.jpg

The narrow rim of the snifter does a great job of focusing the aroma to the nose. The glass itself seems to be of decent quality, especially for the reasonable price of $30 for four glasses. Some might not like how narrow the opening is. My wife said it was uncomfortable because it hit against her nose when she drank, but it doesn't bother me at all. The opening is 1 5/8ths inches, or about 40mm. The total capacity of this glass is 7 ounces. Overall I'm happy with these, but not blown away. I'm glad I have them, and will definitely use them with no regrets. But I would probably try something different if I needed more glasses this size. I'll be getting additional feedback on them from my son tomorrow when he comes over for a visit. He's both a bartender and a pretty experienced whiskey drinker.

20221001_211854.jpg

I bought this tiny taster for those times when I want to sample 3-4 different spirits side by side, and don't necessarily want a full pour. The total capacity of this glass is 2.8 ounces. I think it would work best when only pouring about 1/2 to 3/4ths of an ounce. It's pretty full with a full shot in it. The curved sides also focus the aroma to the nose, plus because it's so small, your nose is closer to the surface of the whiskey. These also seem to be made from a good quality glass. Maybe even a little clearer than the snifters. I think they are a screaming bargain at $19 for a dozen, and if I start to have some larger tasting parties, I wouldn't hesitate to buy another dozen or two, ensuring that everyone in the group can have 3-4 of them.

They don’t appear here that often, but I’ll always grab one every time I run across one. I totally understand your newfound love/hate relationship with this bottle :LOL: :laugh:

It was $60. I’m sure I overpaid but everything is overpriced here. I wanted something quick and new. I’d prob pay $60 again

I just had a very decent Vesper martini, one of my favorite cocktails:

PXL_20221002_203350541.MP.jpg

You might ask, "But Schmendr1ck, you moron, this is the whisk(e)y thread! Why are you posting this here?"

Well, I made it with a new gin that I hadn't seen until recently:

PXL_20221002_202736409.jpg

Last edited:
I just had a very decent Vesper martini, one of my favorite cocktails:

View attachment 997936

You might ask, "But Schmendr1ck, you moron, this is the whisk(e)y thread! Why are you posting this here?"

Well, I made it with a new gin that I hadn't seen until recently:

View attachment 997937
Did we discuss Vesper martinis?!? Only cocktail I order. How can I not? My daughter would not be amused.

F5F8B738-CAF9-48CB-994E-B2F26B9E7795.jpeg
D4D22D35-4423-438C-88D0-BEA40039F196.jpeg
5238C250-DF1B-4E4A-9045-1632A4E3FF59.jpeg

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom