Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (88 Viewers)

DF9359A9-8676-43CA-BB54-A8D8582DA68D.jpeg

Popped open a Rowan's Creek tonight. First time trying it. Aroma is good, so is the mouthfeel and flavor. Nothing great, nothing bad, just solid and good.

Then I got to the finish. It's a lot of sour grassy field full of flatulent cows. It's pretty fucking terrible. I'm sorry I bought this one.

Did we discuss Vesper martinis?!? Only cocktail I order. How can I not? My daughter would not be amused.
I don't think we did, but we definitely need to share one the next time we're together!

Hopefully made with Cocchi Americano instead of Lilet Blanc...huge improvement!
Conveniently, I just used the last of my Lillet Blanc today, so it's the perfect opportunity to give this a try.

Popped open a Rowan's Creek tonight. First time trying it. Aroma is good, so is the mouthfeel and flavor. Nothing great, nothing bad, just solid and good.

Then I got to the finish. It's a lot of sour grassy field full of flatulent cows. It's pretty fucking terrible. I'm sorry I bought this one.
Uh oh. I just got a bottle of Rowan's Creek that I haven't even opened yet.

I've had it a couple times and recall liking it. I'll report back once I crack the new bottle.

Uh oh. I just got a bottle of Rowan's Creek that I haven't even opened yet.

I've had it a couple times and recall liking it. I'll report back once I crack the new bottle.
My ice has melted and it's better now. Still not great. Still a bit of sour grassy field, but the flatulent cows have gone back to the barn.

My ice has melted and it's better now. Still not great. Still a bit of sour grassy field, but the flatulent cows have gone back to the barn.
Yeah, I was gifted one at the start of the year. Not the greatest. Over an ice cube, it’s ok. Still slowly drinking & mixing. It’s great a making my other bourbons and ryes shine.
9B511C0D-ECB5-405A-AB46-C0B65500F92D.jpeg

I love Noah’s Mill! That’s why I was surprised that I found the Rowan to be offensive to my palate.

I also like Noah's.

Rowan's was an extreme cinnamon bomb and too sweet to me. Was very much off it.

Your rancid finish seems weird for that bottle, but I've certainly experienced that before. On a Russell's 10 yr neck pour.

So, it is October and I haven't hardly seen ANYONE pour some Stagg Batch 1. I think one of you posted a pic, maybe 2. Has anyone else found any? Anyone tried it? If it is going to be THIS scarce, I am curious to see what happens to Stagg Jr bottles on secondary....I would think they would go up

So, it is October and I haven't hardly seen ANYONE pour some Stagg Batch 1. I think one of you posted a pic, maybe 2. Has anyone else found any? Anyone tried it? If it is going to be THIS scarce, I am curious to see what happens to Stagg Jr bottles on secondary....I would think they would go up
I haven’t seen any Stagg Jr or Stagg The Lesser at all.

Around here, Buffalo Trace is switching distributors. The new distributor is being stingy, and negotiating favorable terms with their accounts. It’s a whole thing, from what I hear. So, the good/allocated stuff is even harder to get right now. That’s what I’ve heard from a few sources.

I saw a bottle when I did the bottle draft. I should’ve stuck around to see if I could have traded for it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom