Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (87 Viewers)

Done! Also, @Saoliver got you a C922

20221004_110858.jpg

I found about ten ECBP yesterday

All were B522 for $80 plus tax. Eff no!
So enlighten me please. I take it there are multiple batches of this as indicated on the bottle. Some are better than others? C922 is better and B522 is not as good? I may go looking for this myself. Is there a definitive list of which are best?

Added ?: Does the 22 at the end of the batch number mean released in 2022?

So enlighten me please. I take it there are multiple batches of this as indicated on the bottle. Some are better than others? C922 is better and B522 is not as good? I may go looking for this myself. Is there a definitive list of which are best?

Added ?: Does the 22 at the end of the batch number mean released in 2022?
three releases a year, A1, B5, and C9. yes, last two digits are the year.

So C922 is third release in 2022, B522 is second release in 2022.

three releases a year, A1, B5, and C9. yes, last two digits are the year.

So C922 is third release in 2022, B522 is second release in 2022.
And the 1, 5, and 9 are January, May, and September... them months in which the batches are supposed to be released.

Is there a definitive list of which are best?
It's all subjective. But the whiskey reviewers around YouTube believe that the B522 batches of Elijah Craig and Larceny are the best in a while... and the C922 batches are even better.

My opinion is that all of the batches are very good, but some are amazing.

It's all subjective. But the whiskey reviewers around YouTube believe that the B522 batches of Elijah Craig and Larceny are the best in a while... and the C922 batches are even better.

My opinion is that all of the batches are very good, but some are amazing.
Ok, thanks. I may have misunderstood @FDLmold 's comment.

I've had a Sagamore Rye before (I don't think it was that one though). Good juice. How is the Willett?

Picked these up today. The Sagamore is a new release. The Willet is for a Christmas gift for a buddy

View attachment 1000394
Well Crap! I just got back from the liquor store and completely forgot that I was going to take a look at the Sagamore Rye. I haven't added a rye to the collection yet.

But I did pick up these two. I went looking for the ECBP, but they didn't have any available.

The Early Times Bottled in Bond was recommended by the store clerk and confirmed by my son the bartender to be an excellent bourbon, especially considering it's a full liter and only cost $23!

I wanted to also add a Wheated Bourbon, so was looking at the Makers Mark 101 that has been suggested. But I figured the Cask Strength would be even better, and the price was pretty good on this too at $36.

So I got two new bourbons for less than I would have paid for one bottle of ECBP. Time for some tasting!

20221005_190214.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom