Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (41 Viewers)

F4ED390D-A52F-4C64-BB84-34529E7E9FD2.jpeg

At a party at a friends house. I’m just here for the fire and the whiskey.

@Saoliver sample time!! Old Forester SiB BP Bourbon…127.6 proof
8BCC8E42-F19D-46D5-A5A9-0760151A9157.jpeg
The nose on this is amazing! As soon as I poured it, I smelled banana, caramel and vanilla. Then came in the cherries, chocolate and a little ethanol. Tastes like good chocolate covered cherries and bananas mixed into vanilla ice cream! Love this flavor profile. The finish is crazy long and has a nice controlled burn. I’ve heard some say this one drinks hot, but it’s just right for my tastes.

To me, this tastes like what I think 1920 turned up to 11 would be. Excellent pour!

@Saoliver sample time!! Old Forester SiB BP Bourbon…127.6 proofView attachment 1015219The nose on this is amazing! As soon as I poured it, I smelled banana, caramel and vanilla. Then came in the cherries, chocolate and a little ethanol. Tastes like good chocolate covered cherries and bananas mixed into vanilla ice cream! Love this flavor profile. The finish is crazy long and has a nice controlled burn. I’ve heard some say this one drinks hot, but it’s just right for my tastes.

To me, this tastes like what I think 1920 turned up to 11 would be. Excellent pour!
This SiB is very good. I’ve enjoyed it. Some that I’ve had were quite hot. But I enjoyed them too. Lol

Only natural progression with @Saoliver sample time was to go with the Old Forester SiB BP Rye…127.9 proof View attachment 1015239WOW!! This is fucking amazing. Could be the best rye I’ve had to date. I’m going to pour a taste of my favorite to see if the king has been dethroned lol
It’s one of my absolute favorites. Right up there with Handy. It’s maybe not $400 good, which is what it goes for on secondary. But it’s definitely $200+ good.

Only natural progression with @Saoliver sample time was to go with the Old Forester SiB BP Rye…127.9 proof View attachment 1015239WOW!! This is fucking amazing. Could be the best rye I’ve had to date. I’m going to pour a taste of my favorite to see if the king has been dethroned lol
834CBC7B-59A8-48A5-BAFF-383C7A563763.jpeg

Well, I suppose I should try this one too. Thank you @Saoliver, you’re a national treasure

I’m just realizing that these are single barrels which makes them even more badass!

So I already love OF rye and this is that cranked up to eleven!

View attachment 1015278
Hahahahaha I love that movie so much. Also, my brother in law races sailboats. His boat is named Goes to Eleven.

The fresh cracked bottle is different. It needs to open up. So far it’s darker. More subtle banana. Excellent rye spice and baking spice.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom