Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (67 Viewers)

Has anyone else had this? It’s been open for a few months now. I’ve tried it several times and this past weekend I had 4 or 5 others try it. We all agree it’s the worst thing we have ever tasted. Not sure if it’s a bad bottle or that’s just what “American Single Malt” is like. Or I’m just a proof whore and 88 proof just doesn’t do it for me.
View attachment 1020022
I have a bottle or two unopened. I’ve never tried it.

Just picked up this bottle of A Midwinter Night's Dram—pretty limited yearly release from High West. Waiting 'til Christmas to open it, but wonder if you all have had it before. Wasn't cheap, but I hear they resell for hundreds.
Personally, I think it's over priced at retail($99). Willett Rye 4 yo at $60 and most Sagamore ryes(especially the Double Oak) are better.

Just picked up this bottle of A Midwinter Night's Dram—pretty limited yearly release from High West. Waiting 'til Christmas to open it, but wonder if you all have had it before. Wasn't cheap, but I hear they resell for hundreds.

I’m looking for the encore.

07B088DF-8C97-488B-806F-654416B55258.jpeg

I think retail went up to $150. I think. Don't quote me on that.
Nope! Got it for $99. Store near me has decent prices. $35 for the regular HW double rye. That’s the cheapest I’ve seen it, and I’ve even bought bottles at their bar in Park City.

Sometimes you buy a bourbon and wish you hadn’t. Glen’s Creek Distillery is just a half mile past Castle and Key so me and buddy checked it out. Very small. Guy talked to us for 30 minutes about all their products and how they make it and take on the big boys.

I felt obligated to buy something. This bottle is being used for cocktails because it’s too bad to drink neat. And even the cocktails suffer.

FE27EF63-0222-4735-A123-A44EB5491D66.jpeg

Sometimes you buy a bourbon and wish you hadn’t. Glen’s Creek Distillery is just a half mile past Castle and Key so me and buddy checked it out. Very small. Guy talked to us for 30 minutes about all their products and how they make it and take on the big boys.

I felt obligated to buy something. This bottle is being used for cocktails because it’s too bad to drink neat. And even the cocktails suffer.

View attachment 1020091
So when you went to visit, they didn't offer you samples???

lol not my photo, but if I mosey in to my Costco and the KC18 is there at that price, my LIMIT 1 bottle is all yours my friend.

I would LOVE one as well (just bring a friend!). I missed one today in my town. It was the only bottle to hit the state so far that I have seen. I heard it went to a restaurant though...

This years OR state lottery, pretty weak this year....but I'm a gamblin man

1667961013404.png

#3 Old Fitz 17
#4 OF BB
#3 Yellowstone LE22 (this is on a few shelves now in town, no one wants it)
#6 Weller CYPB
#24 Weller FP!!
#18 Elmers

BTAC and Pappy usually included in the lottery. I hope this doesn't mean we are not getting any :confused

Thanks for this one too @JustDave. The nose is funky. I do get some Not Your Father’s Root Beer on the nose. The palate is very good. Vanilla, sour oak (that I like) and good spice. A pretty good finish where that root beer shows again as the finish fades out. This one is pretty good, but I prefer the Cherry Gobbler.

D42D4950-9958-4E93-80A1-4DE82AF2C688.jpeg

Thank you @JustDave. This is a pretty good pour. The nose is all berries and vanilla. The palate is cherry, vanilla, oak, and spice. All well balanced.

View attachment 1020580
Thanks for this one too @JustDave. The nose is funky. I do get some Not Your Father’s Root Beer on the nose. The palate is very good. Vanilla, sour oak (that I like) and good spice. A pretty good finish where that root beer shows again as the finish fades out. This one is pretty good, but I prefer the Cherry Gobbler.

View attachment 1020613
Glad you liked them. Mash bill was pretty different so not surprising they were very divergent. I couldn’t get past the “this is bourbon” stage with either except that sour oak you found on the root beer float.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom