Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (62 Viewers)

20221117_204541.jpg

Finally just opened it. I'm tired of emptying bottles... Brown sugar maybe mint and oak spice on the nose. Smells like a sugar bomb. It's a neck pour so going to let it breath a little.

Really? I didn't realize this was hard to get. What does it normally sell for? I know I saw some at a liquor store nearby, but I think most of their prices were inflated. I popped in because I needed some bitters and a couple of little things, and didn't want to go to Total Wine which is a 30+ minute round trip. looked at their selection but didn't buy any hooch.
It's all over here in Ohio for $33

View attachment 1025041
Finally just opened it. I'm tired of emptying bottles... Brown sugar maybe mint and oak spice on the nose. Smells like a sugar bomb. It's a neck pour so going to let it breath a little.
Brown sugar start for sure but there is something funky on the mid pallet...maybe black licorice? Not my favorite flavor. But the finish is nice and it drinks under the 118 proof. This will be interesting after the bottle breathes some.

Brown sugar start for sure but there is something funky on the mid pallet...maybe black licorice? Not my favorite flavor. But the finish is nice and it drinks under the 118 proof. This will be interesting after the bottle breathes some.
I’ve never got black licorice on any of the bottles I’ve had. Too bad though…I love black licorice lol

The one I have opened now did need a few pours and rest time to get to the level I thought the others I’ve had were at. They all got real good by the time they hit the halfway mark!

I finally opened my Leopold bros 3 chamber. Minnick loved this but some other reviews didn’t. I’ve had this bottle for a while and just waiting to open it.

6B3FFD44-BED5-43E1-8E6B-627D586D9B74.jpeg

At first o thought the nose wasn’t that great since I usually like fruits and sweetness. This nose was malty and yeasty? Fresh Baked bread?
When I took first sip it all made sense. It’s like baking spices and brown butter maybe some pie crust. It’s really warming and I want to sit next to fireplace. Also the mouthfeel is incredible. Really rich and oily. And the finish is medium-long with all that baking spice tingling. I freaking love it. It’s soo different that everything else I drink.

Anybody tried the new Offerman Lagavulin? I enjoyed the other two versions, just not sure if it’s gonna be better than the 16 that I know I love.
A1F99CB7-4F21-4CA2-958B-3BC01C32DEEC.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom