Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (219 Viewers)

30 degrees F out. Fryeday qualifies for MWND.

F80761BE-7A7E-4C23-AD55-F9D1E733852C.jpeg

Hot damn that’s delicious!

View attachment 1025748

Nose has the grassy floral notes like the regular SiBs but I do get some of the oaky sweet cognac as well.

Palate drinks hot first sip (but this might be bc I had lingering mouthwash taste in my mouth) but the heat dissipates and there’s and explosion of cinnamon and nutmeg like very christmas-y. But the mouthfeel is thick and rich. Coats entire tongue and tingles.

Finish is long and tapers off with that tingle and background fruits shine.

Honestly, this is on WLW level. When I first tried WLW I was so wowed by it nothing else was even close. This is pretty close.

But remember my palate isn’t that great to pick all the subtle notes and nuances.

Damn, looks like motor oil

A bottle from a new brand, that didn’t distill its own juice or fully age it, with scant reviews, and mediocre at best/way overpriced at worst whiskey?
Extra points if a “celebrity” is involved heavily in the process or pushing it a lot in marketing.

For some reason this is the only picture I have from this week of work that had a daily “is it whiskey time yet?”

Classic Irish pot still flavors. Light, bit of butter, everything you would want, not amazing but no faults.
79F59864-840B-4A23-9645-4E733244F5DC.jpeg

https://topshelfwineandspirits.com/collections/whiskey

Anybody ever buy anything from these guys? They have some interesting stuff that I can't seem to find locally. Some of the prices aren't too bad. Some are crazy!!! Biggest issue is I can't find any details about shipping costs, so I suppose I'll have to put something in my cart and just price it out. If anyone knows any tricks to minimize the shipping cost per bottle, please tell me.

@TX_Golf_N_Poker I’ve purchased thru LoveScotch.com before and while they have some ridiculous prices on some higher demand bottles, they have a great selection of reasonably priced stuff too. They offer a flat rate shipping of $9.99 for up to 4 bottles and orders over $250 ship free.

Semi-pro tip…load up your cart and start the checkout process and then just cancel out the order. You should get a 10% off coupon emailed to you to entice you to make your first purchase lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom