Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (68 Viewers)

What do you guys really think of Early Times BiB? I had an employee tell me this was the best deal in the store. Excellent bourbon at a low price. I asked my son who bartends and buys a lot of good whiskey, and he agreed. So I bought it. I certainly don't have a refined palette, but I can't get past the nose. There's something very unusual about the notes I'm smelling on this one. I can't describe it, but it's just not pleasant. Comes through in the taste too. It's just completely different from anything I've smelled or tasted in any of the other dozen or so bourbons that I've drank since I started this journey about two months ago.

OK, I have a glass poured right now. I think I have it. It smells like burnt wood. Yes, I know. All bourbon is aged in charred oak barrels. But I've never smelled it this strong in any other bourbon.
I really like it. While it’s not a world beater, the fact that you can get a 1 liter bonded whisky for $25 is a steal. It’s profile suits me well but I can’t say I’ve ever gotten the overly charred oak note on the nose. I get a touch of oak, but nothing over the top and definitely not “burnt”.

Where this bottle will get interesting is that Brown Forman sold ET BiB to Sazerac and my understanding is that Sazerac is still using distillate from BF until they can build up stocks of their own juice. Is Sazerac now using their own distillate…possibly. Do you have a newer bottle with the “new” recipe…that’s possible too. I’m very curious to taste Sazerac’s version once they start using their own juice.

Last edited:
It’s GameDay! @ChaosRock
2F34C84C-0BFD-4537-97F0-7371F363E4A8.jpeg
E1A67C54-AD82-4BC9-AA7E-86175532288F.jpeg

I'm amazed how delicious this is for just 2yrs old. Intense 118 proof, longggg finish.

WOW first impression, not at all like any other Texas whiskeys.

If they ever up the age statement, lookout.

View attachment 1026396
Texas will have trouble with long age statements because their intense heat creates a huge Angels' Share. Given that, however, I'm not surprised that a 2-year-old Texas whiskey would have intense flavors.

One of my locals had two—two!—bottles if EH Taylor Barrel Strength. Both spoken for, at north of $250. *facepalm*

Anyone know if Little Book 2021 at $150 is worthwhile?

One of my locals had two—two!—bottles if EH Taylor Barrel Strength. Both spoken for, at north of $250. *facepalm*

I have Little Book 5 open right now. It’s pretty good. If you like the Booker’s and Little Book profiles, it’s worth $150 to have it.

Ehtbp trades for $600 around me. $250 is a steal. And little book 5? Was last years and msrp around here was $200 I believe

Ehtbp trades for $600 around me. $250 is a steal. And little book 5? Was last years and msrp around here was $200 I believe
I’d pay $400 for an EHT BP. Just putting that out there… if anyone has one. :whistle: :whistling: :sneaky:

Little Book 5 (2021) retail msrp was $129-139 if I remember right. It's on my Shelf 3, which I don't share with you unless I REALLY like you. I think it's fantastic. Definitely worth the $150 for people inclined to spend that much on a bottle.

I'm trying to remember the last time I saw a Baker's on the shelf. I think it's been a while, but maybe I'm just not peeking hard enough.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom