Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (69 Viewers)

PXL_20221119_231319210.jpg

Is this worthy at 87 bucks? 4 x 375ml taster. I’m here another 20 minutes
View attachment 1026203
$48 here. Good stuff but I wouldn't pay that.
I realize you are not still there, but this doesn't seem bad to me. The 750 ml bottles all sell between $40 and $60. So 4 half bottles should be worth around $90. $87 seems fair, and $48 seems like a back up the truck, fire sale price. I'd buy one of these at $87, and a bunch of them at $48. If you like OF, which I do. Or if you want to taste them all.

I'm amazed how delicious this is for just 2yrs old. Intense 118 proof, longggg finish.

WOW first impression, not at all like any other Texas whiskeys.

If they ever up the age statement, lookout.

View attachment 1026396
Good to hear! My son, a bar manager and whiskey lover keeps telling me that ALL Texas whiskey is trash. I may check this out and give it to him blind. How much was this bottle?

What do you guys really think of Early Times BiB? I had an employee tell me this was the best deal in the store. Excellent bourbon at a low price. I asked my son who bartends and buys a lot of good whiskey, and he agreed. So I bought it. I certainly don't have a refined palette, but I can't get past the nose. There's something very unusual about the notes I'm smelling on this one. I can't describe it, but it's just not pleasant. Comes through in the taste too. It's just completely different from anything I've smelled or tasted in any of the other dozen or so bourbons that I've drank since I started this journey about two months ago.

OK, I have a glass poured right now. I think I have it. It smells like burnt wood. Yes, I know. All bourbon is aged in charred oak barrels. But I've never smelled it this strong in any other bourbon.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom