Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (51 Viewers)

here its been EHT small batch and buffalo trace the last 2 weeks
It's been pretty slim pickings for me for months, so the pre-holiday allocations are a nice treat. Also just snagged a MWND Act 10!

FACA7410-49E5-4F13-884E-C91C65EDC42E.jpeg

Last edited:
Wow.

Balcones was purchased by Diageo.
Wilderness Trail was purchased by Campari.

Guess I missed these.

I found out my local grocery has bottles of Weller 12, Full Proof, and CYPB, an Old Fitzgerald, an Old Forrester Birthday, and a few other nice bottles. They’ll be doing a drawing next month. Wish me luck!
Is HyVee getting in on the good hooch now? Good for them.

I found out my local grocery has bottles of Weller 12, Full Proof, and CYPB, an Old Fitzgerald, an Old Forrester Birthday, and a few other nice bottles. They’ll be doing a drawing next month. Wish me luck!
Is HyVee getting in on the good hooch now? Good for them.
I wonder if he doesn't mean a smaller local store. The Hy-Vee in Cedar Falls doesn't carry squat for whiskey. When I was up there last month I did all my buying at a liquor store across the parking lot from Hy-Vee.

I wonder if he doesn't mean a smaller local store. The Hy-Vee in Cedar Falls doesn't carry squat for whiskey. When I was up there last month I did all my buying at a liquor store across the parking lot from Hy-Vee.
That's possible too, but I had trouble imagining a smaller local store getting the amount of inventory Beaker described.

That's possible too, but I had trouble imagining a smaller local store getting the amount of inventory Beaker described.
It’s actually Fareway, which is a smaller chain. The two Fareway stores near me both have a decent, albeit modest, whiskey selection, and occasionally get some high allocation bottles. In the last two years, my name was drawn to buy a Pappy (which I sold), and a Stagg Jr. Hoping my heater continues.

The Hy-Vee added on a liquor store. Pretty good selection there.

It’s actually Fareway, which is a smaller chain. The two Fareway stores near me both have a decent, albeit modest, whiskey selection, and occasionally get some high allocation bottles. In the last two years, my name was drawn to buy a Pappy (which I sold), and a Stagg Jr. Hoping my heater continues.

The town I grew up in (Cornpatch, Iowa) had a Fareway and a Hy-Vee. I still remember buying a case of their generic pop for like $3 way back when. I didn't know Fareway sold liquor, and I certainly wouldn't have guessed they got the entire Buffalo Trace "good stuff" allocation for the state of Iowa lol. Good luck!

And nyeah-nyeah my reaction score is 258 higher than yours. Ha! (17978 to 17720 for posterity)

The town I grew up in (Cornpatch, Iowa) had a Fareway and a Hy-Vee. I still remember buying a case of their generic pop for like $3 way back when. I didn't know Fareway sold liquor, and I certainly wouldn't have guessed they got the entire Buffalo Trace "good stuff" allocation for the state of Iowa lol. Good luck!
You had me going there for a minute. Cornpatch... LOL. Isn't that like 80% of the state? :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

I wouldn't have thought to try Fairway either, but I will now.

The entirety of the liquor store at the Cedar Falls Hy-Vee is good. Great beer selection. Lots of variety of the basic spirits, they just didn't have anything special when I was there. And chatting with a local, he said they never do. But he directed me to the store across the parking lot which had a lot of interesting stuff.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom