Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (220 Viewers)

Fryeday
6EAFEC02-F840-4194-9594-C50BA088DF9F.jpeg

Hot Whiskey

3/4 cup hot water
1 1/2 oz whiskey
2 to 3 tablespoons honey, to taste
2 to 3 teaspoons lemon juice, to taste
1 lemon rind
1 cinnamon stick (optional, for garnish)

I skip the cinnamon stick.
I use the creamy honey in a jar, not the honey bear kind.

Add honey to mug, then boiling water and stir until honey is liquid, then add whiskey & lemon juice, stir. Add rind & cinnamon stick if you like.

I mean, anything with that much honey is going to taste well, but the Suntori’s profile really works well.
AKA "Hot Toddy."

I had a bad chest cold last week, and I was having one or two of these a day made with WT101 and without cinnamon. It's probably just the heat, but it really did help with coughing and congestion.

And it's so much tastier than hot tea. :cool

AKA "Hot Toddy."

I had a bad chest cold last week, and I was having one or two of these a day made with WT101 and without cinnamon. It's probably just the heat, but it really did help with coughing and congestion.

And it's so much tastier than hot tea. :cool
i make hot toddies with chamomile tea and rye whiskey when i have a cold

I think I’ll get the Lost Monarch next week. And I’ve never seen this Old Pepper Single Malt so I thought I’d give it a whirl.

Trying to figure out my Fryeday lineup. I’m pretty sure this Emerald Giant will be featured.

View attachment 1025655
Obviously haven't had the CS version yet, but Emerald Giant is great.

Hot damn that’s delicious!

84E7FA1B-9C7B-490D-A048-5D455C7A494B.jpeg

Nose has the grassy floral notes like the regular SiBs but I do get some of the oaky sweet cognac as well.

Palate drinks hot first sip (but this might be bc I had lingering mouthwash taste in my mouth) but the heat dissipates and there’s and explosion of cinnamon and nutmeg like very christmas-y. But the mouthfeel is thick and rich. Coats entire tongue and tingles.

Finish is long and tapers off with that tingle and background fruits shine.

Honestly, this is on WLW level. When I first tried WLW I was so wowed by it nothing else was even close. This is pretty close.

But remember my palate isn’t that great to pick all the subtle notes and nuances.

Damnit I want one of those redwood cask strength preferably lost monarch
Yeah just recently started seeing the regular stuff around here. Probably a year out for me to find it in the wild. Might have to resort to the internet

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom