Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (68 Viewers)

ECBP is just delicious. My first bottle. I think I still prefer Russell's Reserve SB but shoot fire!

I agree, I would take RR private barrel over ECBP, but I am a major turkey fan,
Way too close for me to say definitively either way. So…let’s see which I prefer tonight!
4E4D9387-989B-4E83-99F4-1C48482699AC.jpeg

Way too close for me to say definitively either way. So…let’s see which I prefer tonight!View attachment 1036982
It was close, but tonight’s winner is C922! The extra age/oak on the EC just makes this pour pop. Absolutely nothing wrong with this particular Russell’s, but it’s a little off what other Russell’s barrels I’ve had that would beat the C922

Let’s throw another contestant into the mix!
D8EABFE5-C8BE-4575-92EE-BBB7D29759ED.jpeg

It was close, but tonight’s winner is C922! The extra age/oak on the EC just makes this pour pop. Absolutely nothing wrong with this particular Russell’s, but it’s a little off what other Russell’s barrels I’ve had that would beat the C922

Let’s throw another contestant into the mix!View attachment 1037058
Don't forget to rate for @Poker Zombie

Christmas came early in NC!!!View attachment 1036888Big thank you to @wolfpack!!!
I absolutely love the Bone Snapper straight rye. I have an r/bourbon pick that is outstanding and about half empty.

Unfortunately, I only bought one bottle, and it is impossible to find around here. I guess it is only a few hours' drive up to NC Ohio from Orlando...

(Edit: Oops, missed that it was a reship from @wolfpack. Hmmm... my parents live in Ohio. I think it's time to send Mom to the liquor store!)

Last edited:
I absolutely love the Bone Snapper straight rye. I have an r/bourbon pick that is outstanding and about half empty.

Unfortunately, I only bought one bottle, and it is impossible to find around here. I guess it is only a few hours' drive up to NC from Orlando...
My bottle came to me from Ohio via Kentucky. Never seen it here in NC.

I thought I remembered someone here having it and saying how good it was.

Don't just say "delicious"... PM me your 1-100 rating for the top 20 PCF whiskeys list
I know I saw a post about this, but do you have your own thread? Be nice to follow this all in one place. I assume you don't want n00bs messing up your ratings, but I'm sure interested in hearing what others have to say...

I've been pretty busy the last 3-4 weeks with work and a Thanksgiving cruise with my family, so I haven't been on PCF much. I came into this thread tonight and I was TWENTY-FOUR PAGES behind. What is wrong with you animals? :wtf:

I haven't been drinking much neat whiskey either. The whiskey selection on the cruise was garbage, and I spent the following week in a hotel for a work conference, where I didn't have any choice in where we drank. One night while my coworkers were drinking in the crappy hotel bar, I walked to a nearby liquor store, bought an overpriced bottle of 1792, came back and plopped it on the table. Hotel "bartender" didn't care, and it was gone before the end of the night.

I've also had almost back-to-back chest colds this month - one right before the cruise, and another this week (from which I'm still recovering). I didn't want to waste the good stuff when I couldn't properly enjoy it, but instead I discovered the magic elixir that is a Hot Toddy. Those things seem to cut through the chest congestion as well if not better than OTC medications.

I've been making mine with 1-2 tbsp of honey, half a lemon's worth of juice, 2oz of WT101, and top off with boiling water.

Unfortunately, I only bought one bottle, and it is impossible to find around here. I guess it is only a few hours' drive up to NC Ohio from Orlando...

(Edit: Oops, missed that it was a reship from @wolfpack. Hmmm... my parents live in Ohio. I think it's time to send Mom to the liquor store!)
I am in pretty regular contact with Byron, I let him know when In was in kentucky and grabbed him a store pick.

I've been pretty busy the last 3-4 weeks with work and a Thanksgiving cruise with my family, so I haven't been on PCF much. I came into this thread tonight and I was TWENTY-FOUR PAGES behind. What is wrong with you animals? :wtf:

I haven't been drinking much neat whiskey either. The whiskey selection on the cruise was garbage, and I spent the following week in a hotel for a work conference, where I didn't have any choice in where we drank. One night while my coworkers were drinking in the crappy hotel bar, I walked to a nearby liquor store, bought an overpriced bottle of 1792, came back and plopped it on the table. Hotel "bartender" didn't care, and it was gone before the end of the night.

I've also had almost back-to-back chest colds this month - one right before the cruise, and another this week (from which I'm still recovering). I didn't want to waste the good stuff when I couldn't properly enjoy it, but instead I discovered the magic elixir that is a Hot Toddy. Those things seem to cut through the chest congestion as well if not better than OTC medications.

I've been making mine with 1-2 tbsp of honey, half a lemon's worth of juice, 2oz of WT101, and top off with boiling water.
What do you mean the whiskey selection on the cruise was crap? Don't they still allow you to bring on a limited number of soft drinks? Last time I went on a cruise, I brought a 6 pack of 16 oz "iced tea" bottles. Best iced tea I've ever had!!! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Done

Edit: how long does this run? Need to know how much to up my game!
I was hoping to do it for a month, but it could run longer. One month may not give us enough data points. I certainly don't mind doing this for the year. Ive kept up on the PCF Map for much longer, and that's not nearly as much fun.
you want bourbon only? or any whiskey?
Any whiskey. The idea is to make something better (unbiased) than Whiskey Advocate's list

I know I saw a post about this, but do you have your own thread? Be nice to follow this all in one place. I assume you don't want n00bs messing up your ratings, but I'm sure interested in hearing what others have to say...
It's all happening in PM's so as to avoid having "Player A's" rating biasing "Player B's" It's my issue with ratings sites like Yelp, where people will rate a mediocre meal 5-stars, because they don't want to deviate from the herd. Or worse, will rate a restaurant 1-star, because they thought too many people rated it too high, so they have to "average" it out.

N00b's taste-buds are just as valid as anyone else's. I can't build the PCF top 20 whiskeys list by ignoring PCF'ers.

What do you mean the whiskey selection on the cruise was crap? Don't they still allow you to bring on a limited number of soft drinks? Last time I went on a cruise, I brought a 6 pack of 16 oz "iced tea" bottles. Best iced tea I've ever had!!! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
You can bring a 12-pack of canned soda and/or two bottles of wine per stateroom. They don't allow you to bring plastic drink bottles on board anymore.

There are other ways which are still very reliable, but the old water bottle, shampoo bottle, and plastic bladder in the luggage tricks don't work nearly as well as they used to. Alcohol sales are a huge source of revenue for cruise lines, and they are very motivated to protect that income.

I have never heard of that. What would you compare it to?
Yeah, the chocolate and marzipan really do come through. The nuttiness (probably almond notes that I couldn't identify) threw me off because it wasn't a nuttiness that I was familiar with. These notes aren't something that I am used to, so I wasn't sure what to think really. I'll need to spend more time with this bottle. It is very good, but hard to compare to other 15+ year bottles that I have because it is so different.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom