Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (51 Viewers)

Rant mode:

One of my best local places changed hands last year. Had a lot of allocated stuff, and most priced very fairly. Used to be able to get super-allocated stuff at a modest markup. Not any more. Full secondary and then some.
Dammit.

And yes, I know that I still have several honey holes with amazing deals and I shouldn’t complain. But this one, while more expensive, was very consistent on scores.

/Rant

Rant mode:

One of my best local places changed hands last year. Had a lot of allocated stuff, and most priced very fairly. Used to be able to get super-allocated stuff at a modest markup. Not any more. Full secondary and then some.
Dammit.

And yes, I know that I still have several honey holes with amazing deals and I shouldn’t complain. But this one, while more expensive, was very consistent on scores.

/Rant
My favorite place went the way of secondary this year too. Makes me sad

7FDD9EF7-958A-4F76-96B8-ADEECAD3BD32.jpeg

Did a blind tasting with 6 others. Bunch of COOL dudes, great time. Anyway, we knew the winner would win a bottle, probably something good, but no one knew what. Bottom line, there were 3 of 6 in contention. 1st had 11.5 points, 2nd had 11 points, and 3rd had 10.5 points. Unfortunately, I got 2nd. Kicking myself for scratching my bottle guess on #1 from the correct answer Knob Creek 12 and changed it to Knob Creek SiB Reserve. I felt like it drank hotter!!! Anyway, the lucky winner won a bottle of EHT BP. Super fun, being the cool dude he is, he is going to open it up next time we all meet up. FUN NIGHT!!!

Did a blind tasting with 6 others. Bunch of COOL dudes, great time. Anyway, we knew the winner would win a bottle, probably something good, but no one knew what. Bottom line, there were 3 of 6 in contention. 1st had 11.5 points, 2nd had 11 points, and 3rd had 10.5 points. Unfortunately, I got 2nd. Kicking myself for scratching my bottle guess on #1 from the correct answer Knob Creek 12 and changed it to Knob Creek SiB Reserve. I felt like it drank hotter!!! Anyway, the lucky winner won a bottle of EHT BP. Super fun, being the cool dude he is, he is going to open it up next time we all meet up. FUN NIGHT!!!
Wow! What an epic night! Congrats on second though

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom