Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (59 Viewers)

Bottle share

IMG_0869.jpeg
IMG_0871.jpeg
IMG_0872.jpeg
IMG_0874.jpeg
IMG_0876.jpeg

IMG_8283.jpeg
I almost forgot about this last sample…almost!

No surprise that I really like this one as well. The classic Redbreast shortbread butter cookie on the nose and palate are replaced with a delicious vanilla one. Getting way more oak in this one than any RB offering I’ve had to date. The sweet, dark jammy fruits are there but they’re more in the back enhancing the fresh cut oak, vanilla and some serious spice. I only started to get a slight caramel note as I got closer to the end of the glass along with that familiar marzipan I find in every RB. This is fairly thick and oily and the finish really sticks around! This is a great whiskey and I now need to find one of these. Guess I’ll add it to my ever growing wish list. As always, thanks to @Saoliver for being the enabler that he is. Your generosity, as well as your advice is very much appreciated!

This was batch 3. It is lovely.

Was only 140 I think.
I have batch 4 and I got super lucky finding them last fall on my local’s clearance shelf for $160. They were marked down from the ridiculous $300 msrp that caused them to sit on the shelves for 3+ years. I bought the last 3 they had. Traded one, bunkered one and enjoying the hell out of the third one :cool

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom