Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (57 Viewers)

Our daughter is home visiting on her fall break. She wanted Culver’s for dinner and there just happens to be an ABC store literally right beside it and well, y’all all know what happened next. I might have helped “suggest” that she really wanted Culver’s:ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
IMG_8436.jpeg
In all honesty, this is the bottle I specifically was looking for this morning and I kept finding other good shit as I hit a couple of local stores. Felt like this is what I needed to try next based on what was said here. I’m still cautiously optimistic on this one though!

I truly appreciate all the input/knowledge/advice given earlier this week from everyone here.

Our daughter is home visiting on her fall break. She wanted Culver’s for dinner and there just happens to be an ABC store literally right beside it and well, y’all all know what happened next. I might have helped “suggest” that she really wanted Culver’s:ROFL: :ROFLMAO:View attachment 1406069In all honesty, this is the bottle I specifically was looking for this morning and I kept finding other good shit as I hit a couple of local stores. Felt like this is what I needed to try next based on what was said here. I’m still cautiously optimistic on this one though!

I truly appreciate all the input/knowledge/advice given earlier this week from everyone here.
Oh my. Well, you’ll know after that one how much you like peat.

Here’s what I just poured.

IMG_1245.jpeg

Oh my. Well, you’ll know after that one how much you like peat.

IMG_8438.jpeg
Just poured this 5 minutes ago and have not yet taken the first sip. As soon as I opened the bottle I get about the same smokiness that I get with the Benriach Smoky 12. More bourbon notes and less dark red fruits on the PC but they’re pretty similar in what perceived smoke I’m getting. Pretty sure I’m gonna like this :cool

View attachment 1406098Just poured this 5 minutes ago and have not yet taken the first sip. As soon as I opened the bottle I get about the same smokiness that I get with the Benriach Smoky 12. More bourbon notes and less dark red fruits on the PC but they’re pretty similar in what perceived smoke I’m getting. Pretty sure I’m gonna like this :cool
Excellent! The balance in this one is fantastic. Definitely a bit more peaty on the palate than the Smoky 12 but it’s perfectly proportionate to all the other notes. It’s a touch more on the ashy side and while the first sip almost whispered ash tray, it never came to fruition. 50% ABV is spot on. I’m loving this one!

This bottle also confirms that the Benriach Smoky 12 is a very good pour. It’s more fruit forward due to how it was matured but if you’re wanting something slightly sweeter on the dark red fruits and a touch less peaty than the PC10 on the palate, I can’t recommend it enough. Moving forward, I’m pretty sure I’ll always have one of each in the cabinet!

Excellent! The balance in this one is fantastic. Definitely a bit more peaty on the palate than the Smoky 12 but it’s perfectly proportionate to all the other notes. It’s a touch more on the ashy side and while the first sip almost whispered ash tray, it never came to fruition. 50% ABV is spot on. I’m loving this one!

This bottle also confirms that the Benriach Smoky 12 is a very good pour. It’s more fruit forward due to how it was matured but if you’re wanting something slightly sweeter on the dark red fruits and a touch less peaty than the PC10 on the palate, I can’t recommend it enough. Moving forward, I’m pretty sure I’ll always have one of each in the cabinet!
@Billy Baroo rn

1729382773130.gif

Proud The Karate Kid GIF

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom