What are you listening to? (4 Viewers)

I had never heard about these guys before, but saw them open for Mark Lanegan a few weeks back. Been hooked ever since. :cool:

can't post more punk until another post......

- - - - - - - - - Updated - - - - - - - - -

Ahhhh, there we go.

- - - - - - - - - Updated - - - - - - - - -

I could've sworn I'd already posted Shovels & Rope but can't find it.

I really like their O' Be Joyful album from 2012, which this is off.

Not so keen on Swimmin' Time, their 2014 album, but recommend O' Be Joyful

i like that one, Tob. and the chicks in the video are like the redneck, drug addict version of Broad City.

finally KL put this up on youtube himself, so it's not getting constantly taken down by the record company. great track and fun video.

i like that one, Tob. and the chicks in the video are like the redneck, drug addict version of Broad City.

I was listening to Houndmouth this morning on my commute in. They seem pretty good. Need to give 'em a bit more ear time.

I've not seen the vid yet but the song qualified by virtue of having "poker chips" in the lyrics!

i'm sure it's not to everyone's taste, but i the first number on Tom Jones' tiny desk concert appearance is pretty fantastic imo. pretty impressive to see a guy used to doing huge shows with costumes and giant screens and outlandish arrangements still be willing to strip down to just himself and a single guitarist and pull it off on the strength of his vocals alone.

the video below is the whole thing, but the first song (starting at about 35 seconds in) is the one i dig (not that i would discourage continuing to watch the second one - one of the best songs of all time - green, green grass of home):

That's Sir Tom Jones to you

;)

While we're in Wales...

Here's a couple of tracks from Space

Cue Super Furry Animals I s'pose

Purest, rarest awesome, Big Jilm!

This Must Be The Place(Naive Melody) is one of my and my wife's favourite choons evah. :)

stressful weekend, was in the office all day yesterday, but on the way home had this show playing and remembered how good the dead sound when you need to really just let it go. they get such a shit rap from so many, but they really are one of the great american bands.

Stick with it - this is a great tune.

Posted it on the place-that-shall-not-be-named-that-keeps-wiping-my-saved-chip-factory-sets-fucking-grrrrrrr-gnnnnnnnghhhh I believe

you could just put the entire harder they come album up and i'd be happy.

one of the best songs of all time imo:

and now to merge my last couple of posts with yours, jerry's version of jimmy's sitting here in limbo:

Reggae always makes me think of Dee Jay Wheelie Bag, once a staple of the Pillars of Hercules in Soho (perhaps not what you'd think!).

Purest awesome. Pub quiz with bizarre pound-shop prizes and ace reggae/ska/dancehall tunes.

One of the few things I genuinely miss about London!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom