What are you listening to? (7 Viewers)

Ran across these when I took the red pill earlier...

Thought they were pretty cool. It's good to know that there are kids out there learning good music.

Love Me First and the Gimme Gimmes. I guess their live show has really gone down hill over the past several years. I saw them once at a Warped Tour many years ago (luckily) and they were great.

i'm not usually one for the solo acoustic virtuosos covering rock songs, but that was pretty sweet, Tommy. i will say, though, the first think i wanted to hear at the end was the original AC/DC version.

i mean, hey, it's not Bon Scott, but it's one of the few AC/DC tracks that i really love from without the mighty, steady, solid Phil Rudd on drums.

I was pleased to find I still have the OST to A Mighty Wind on my mp3 player this morning.

Controversially, it's my favourite Christopher Guest movie (but yes I also love Tap!).

Great to see Eugene Levy and Catherine O'Hara reunited in Schitts Creek. Been lovong that.

Catherine O'Hara is fantastic, superb actor. Schitts highlights include her multiple takes for a fruit wine advert and her emotive rendition of Danny Boy.

The show is a real slow burner but well worth a look. :)

i mean, hey, it's not Bon Scott, but it's one of the few AC/DC tracks that i really love from without the mighty, steady, solid Phil Rudd on drums.

Can't see Phil Rudd back with them any time soon. Kicked out a few months ago and looks to have a pretty bad ice addiction.

Can't see Phil Rudd back with them any time soon. Kicked out a few months ago and looks to have a pretty bad ice addiction.

i saw that. nothing new for phil unfortunately, but a real pity.

Paging Dr. Butler! Paging Dr. Butler!

Not feeling the spoken word "trailer" but I am excited about the new album Dark Bird is Home and tour.

Looks like he's got a couple of nights in KY and one in WI so far.

- - - - - - - - - Updated - - - - - - - - -

Tallest Dylan On Earth

Oh no lots of US dates actually. It was displaying weird in Dolphin on my phone

love tallest man. fantastic live show. courage - he's coming to louisville in july! take the degen home game out for some tallest man action.

I might try and catch him in Glasgow... It's just after my birthday, spheres are aligning...

I see your acoustic Thuderstruck and I raise you one Finnish Bluegrass (with the greatest band name) version...

I love that bluegrass cover. Playing the anvil with the wrench is so awesome. I only wish they got a better recording of the bass. It gets a little lost, but a favorite cover of mine for sure.

finally got a chance to sit and listen to kendrick lamar's new album last night and came here to post a couple videos from it, but it looks like they're getting taken down basically immediately every time one gets posted to youtube. shame.

here's pitchfork's review of one of my favorite tracks, king kunta, along with a link to play the song within their page.

gettin my moe on...

may have already posted this, but seriously; holy smokes!

ok, seriously, if you have ever attempted to play slayer, you know how hard it is to play. Have you ever tried it on child toys?

love the classic early van morrison. it took until i was a little older (ok not "older" I guess but long after i had thought i knew most classic artists out there) to realize how good that first stretch of 5 or 6 albums was. astral weeks blew my mind when i was 20 and realized it was the fucking brown eyed girl guy.

Looks like I have some "new" music to get acquainted with. I have never listened to early Van Morrison stuff and am digging it. Moe ain't to shabby either and will have to explored some more.

And with that I leave you another cool "Slayer" track...

A timely reminder that I need to go back and check out more of Van Morrisson's stuff!

My daughter has taken a - ahem - shine to the first of these Badly Drawn Boy tracks.

Her singing it in the car, to quote my wife, is

"The cutest thing since sliced kitten"

...so I've been checking out more of his material.

In sadder news, it seems like the battery is dying in my trusty Cowon D2. :(

my phish listening is very streaky, but for some reason i've been doing a lot of it recently. still nothing compares to the 94-98 era, though.

94-98 Phish is fantastic. Check out April of 1992 and August of 1993. They were rock solid for damn near every show those 2 months. Speaking of Phish, they are coming to Bend OR in July....can't wait!!

94-98 Phish is fantastic. Check out April of 1992 and August of 1993. They were rock solid for damn near every show those 2 months. Speaking of Phish, they are coming to Bend OR in July....can't wait!!

yeah my wife and i tend to disagree - she's more 92-96 whereas i'm more 94-98. i prefer the really extended dissonant and spacey stuff and she just digs when they play the tunes.

but here's one really mellow one i just like for the tune. plus, instrument swapping and in paris :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom