What are you listening to? (4 Viewers)

Sleaford Mods - your new favourite band?

Irrespective of whether you like their sprechgesang (they've collaborated with The Prodigy, so must be legit!!), there's something for everyone in the YouTube debate between craig wells and his detractors, which featutes such memorable insults as "Paragraphs c*nt".

Look for the thread with 56 replies.

almost three years later i still get this mash-up in my head every so often.

and the video has the bonus of inducing epileptic seizures

Only gave this thread a cursory scan and I must say that I'm surprised by all the mid eighties to mid 90's punk/indie love.

The New Bad Things I saw open for the Jon Spencer Blues Explosion at La Luna in PDX in the early 90's. Great show.

Jbutler coming in with SDRE and Chicago noise rock, even saw a mention of the Gorilla Biscuits!?!?!

I had all the early Shellac 7" s and sold them all in a moment of weakness like a dummy

Great thread!

Currently back on rotation for me

Wow. I haven't been in this thread is a little while. Total walk down memory lane.

My band covered at least 5 songs/artists in the last 10 posts back in the day,

Stone Cold Bush
Rio - my favorite bassline to play to this day. So fun. Equal to or greater than all others from a pure fun perspective, listen more closely if you never have.
Eddie Grant (police on my back)
Safety Dance
Cindy Lauper (She Bop (which we failed at, but was on the list of all covers about masturbation)).

Everytime I see Toby type in this thread I think of this

Not sure if he'll get the reference though

good call. this thread needs more office music.

and this technically features music and is legitimately awesome:

I've not seen any of the Office US as it happens!

do not go in expecting the Office UK. except for the fact that the first season is pretty much identical to the Office UK and not nearly as good (but don't worry it's only 6 episodes). then i really, really takes off in the second season and turns into one of the best television comedies ever. like many before it, it held on far too long and the later seasons (maybe the last 3?) are pretty terrible. but it's absolutely worth it for seasons 2 through 5 (and 6 also, but it's not quite as good).

do not go in expecting the Office UK. except for the fact that the first season is pretty much identical to the Office UK and not nearly as good (but don't worry it's only 6 episodes). then i really, really takes off in the second season and turns into one of the best television comedies ever. like many before it, it held on far too long and the later seasons (maybe the last 3?) are pretty terrible. but it's absolutely worth it for seasons 2 through 5 (and 6 also, but it's not quite as good).

Once a certain couple gets married, the show takes a steep nosedive

Once a certain couple gets married, the show takes a steep nosedive

this was definitely my experience the first time through the series and that episode was actually where i quit watching during the initial run. however, when i did a rewatch some time within the last year, i actually enjoyed the rest of that season (6) and maybe even a couple episodes of 7. but i agree, it's a far, far cry from the best points of the series.

R-689311-1260296312.jpeg.jpg

I brought 'em up in the BJ thread, so here's some My Bloody Valentine

You Made Me Realise is one of my fave EPs

Someone's helpfully posted the whole EP and timelines:

I've seen MBV twice - once at the Toen & Country Club during the Loveless tour and again at the Roundhouse under their reunion tour.

Both were great but the former is in my tpp 3 gigs (along with the last night of The Cure's Disintegration tour and a charity benefit gig in Sheffield where The Orb supported Primal Scream).

After the T&C gig I couldn't hear right out of one ear for two weeks! The bass on Slow was outrageous. The noise break in You Made Me Realise went on for a full 15 minutes, getting impossibly louder with every passing second, before crashing back into the song. I very much doubt I'll experience a similar gig in my lifetime! :D

The new Gangstagrass album is out or soon.

It's very similar fare to the previous three albums but does include Long Hard Times To Come, used for the theme tune to Justified

I understand it's a different mix.

And a previous post from le grand bleu:

R-689311-1260296312.jpeg.jpg

I brought 'em up in the BJ thread, so here's some My Bloody Valentine

You Made Me Realise is one of my fave EPs

Someone's helpfully posted the whole EP and timelines:

I've seen MBV twice - once at the Toen & Country Club during the Loveless tour and again at the Roundhouse under their reunion tour.

Both were great but the former is in my tpp 3 gigs (along with the last night of The Cure's Disintegration tour and a charity benefit gig in Sheffield where The Orb supported Primal Scream).

After the T&C gig I couldn't hear right out of one ear for two weeks! The bass on Slow was outrageous. The noise break in You Made Me Realise went on for a full 15 minutes, getting impossibly louder with every passing second, before crashing back into the song. I very much doubt I'll experience a similar gig in my lifetime! :D

I only had the chance to see MBV once, on the reunion tour, in San Francisco. It was as loud, distorted, fuzzy, and amazing as I expected. I even had this EP on vinyl and sold it in a moment of need and have regretted it ever since.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom