Controversial Chip & Poker Opinions (17 Viewers)

Don’t know if this is controversial or not, but IMO the web mold looks so much better than THC/RHC.
IMG_4194.gif

Thought this thread needed goosing.

I did a quick search and I didn’t see this stated explicitly, so I will do so now. For most of us low stakes pikers a barrel of fracs is the right amount no matter what you efficiency nazis or clean table top fascists say.
But…..

This is why 50c/$1 is the nuts.

Literally one single frac in the pot per hand.

So simple. Much smooth. All yes.

I ain't there yet. My eldest daughter just got asked to her first dance.... and she said "yes".

I am doomed.

Need to figure out how to scare this kid off and convince my daughter she's not allowed to date until she's 43.
I asked a psychologist once. Anytime a boy comes within 5 feet you squeeze her to suggest protection from the evil.

But…..

This is why 50c/$1 is the nuts.

Literally one single frac in the pot per hand.

So simple. Much smooth. All yes.
Nah. You'll still see opening bets of $2.50, $3.50 and even the occasional $4.50 and $5.50.

Put some damn chips on the table and let people bet whatever they want to.

50 cent chips should be outlawed. 25 cent chips are far more flexible.

Nah. You'll still see opening bets of $2.50, $3.50 and even the occasional $4.50 and $5.50.

Put some damn chips on the table and let people bet whatever they want to.

50 cent chips should be outlawed. 25 cent chips are far more flexible.

YES!!!
.50/$1 should be outlawed too! Just play $1/1 and save the fracs for a quarters game.
New York Yankees Thumbs Down GIF by MLB

Thought this thread needed goosing.

I did a quick search and I didn’t see this stated explicitly, so I will do so now. For most of us low stakes pikers a barrel of fracs is the right amount no matter what you efficiency nazis or clean table top fascists say.

Not true for nickels I've found. After the flop, no one's betting in increments of 5c. It's kind of a joke, I mainly bet with nickels just to get more chips in the middle. Unfortunately I explained oversized chip calling to my group and it doesn't work so well anymore.

I'm all for barrels of quarters though.

Not true for nickels I've found. After the flop, no one's betting in increments of 5c. It's kind of a joke, I mainly bet with nickels just to get more chips in the middle. Unfortunately I explained oversized chip calling to my group and it doesn't work so well anymore.

I'm all for barrels of quarters though.
Yup, cheap beginner game? Everyone gets a barrel of nickels, and gets paralyzed with fear when they realize they need to make change. Looking to me with horrified doe eyes, knowing they don't have the correct change to limp like they have for an hour straight.

I would rather give myself 50 paper cuts and then dip them in a lemon juice / bleach mixture than spend time relabeling chips.
Ayo, you gotta unpack this; why is it such a miserable experience?!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom