CPC General discussion thread (9 Viewers)

Hmm… a perfect case for clear writing.

What makes more sense, through:
10oz cotton and 3oz titanium OR 3lbs cotton and 2lbs 8oz titanium (the latter would be roughly 40% cotton and titanium)
2lbs 8oz dry vinyl OR 3oz dry vynl?
7lbs 8oz OR 3oz of lead (3oz for however many chips doesn’t seem very…. Leaded.)

Btw, I thought this was all hashed out 4 years ago.
The chips are weighted with Titanium oxide and lead silicate…did PCF coin the term “leaded”? I believe both fillers have similar density. And lead silicate is ground up glass…not straight up lead. Just trying to hash this out…

The chips are weighted with Titanium oxide and lead silicate…did PCF coin the term “leaded”? I believe both fillers have similar density. And lead silicate is ground up glass…not straight up lead. Just trying to hash this out…
So... if one was tripping balls and sharpening the edges of a chip with a knife, they are unlikely to die of lead poisoning?

So what would 3oz do across that total? What would 7lbs 8oz do?

What’s tripping some folks up is the 10oz cotton thread weight and whether or not these are purple chips with 1/2oz lavender color or chips with 1/2oz of the purple color and 3oz of the lavender color?

There’s debate on the weights coming first or second, but do those numbers make sense in either position? Do we have any experts who can weigh in?

I learned about 10oz cotton today, if nothing else.

So what would 3oz do across that total? What would 7lbs 8oz do?

What’s tripping some folks up is the 10oz cotton thread weight and whether or not these are purple chips with 1/2oz lavender color or chips with 1/2oz of the purple color and 3oz of the lavender color?

There’s debate on the weights coming first or second, but do those numbers make sense in either position? Do we have any experts who can weigh in?

I learned about 10oz cotton today, if nothing else.
I woke up this morning wanting to do a v2 of the little spreadsheet previously posted; updated for both interpretations of recipe versions. Wanted to see if the %s change much. But I'm late for work. May do later.

1706486254461.png

Final hint for those of you still struggling to solve this riddle...

What is the approximate weight difference between leaded TRKs and non leaded TRKs in both total weight difference and as a percentage?

"It puts the lotion on its skin.... it does this whenever it's told" This is how I am feeling oiling my chips.... 700 chips in with 1300 to go!:confused:confusedView attachment 1263471

Nicely done on those.

Every pic of H mold chips I see impresses me. The absolute crispness of the rolling edge seems, in general, better than that of other molds.

I may have to change my intended 4th set of CPC's over to H.

I’m scared to poke my head into this but why does it matter if a chip has a little plastic in it or not?

It doesn't matter at all what they're made of, as long as you like them. But as a matter of clarity, everyone around here refers to Paulsons, TRKs, BCCs, and ASM/CPCs as "clay" chips. The vast majority of people here believe they are in fact a clay composite. I thought so as well for a long time until I researched it further. They are thermoplastics and thermoset plastics. They're not clay chips with a small amount of plastic. They are majority plastic chips with some added fillers. Most people here would find that shocking, including the owner of CPC who still believes he's buying clay from his suppliers because they call it clay.

Final hint for those of you still struggling to solve this riddle...

What is the approximate weight difference between leaded TRKs and non leaded TRKs in both total weight difference and as a percentage?
How about just stating rather than asking a question. If you have a fact that resolves something, state the fact.

Also applies to your previous statement that CPC are plastic... where you then provide an ingredient list source that appears to many readers to contain very little plastic. Naturally, that will create confusion.

You may very well be right, but perhaps not been very clear in your assertion. You may even have to dumb-down your explanation even further to achieve this clarity. Be patient

How about just stating rather than asking a question. If you have a fact that resolves something, state the fact.

Also applies to your previous statement that CPC are plastic... where you then provide an ingredient list source that appears to many readers to contain very little plastic. Naturally, that will create confusion.

You may very well be right, but perhaps not been very clear in your assertion. You may even have to dumb-down your explanation even further to achieve this clarity. Be patient
Martin Short Wtf GIF by HULU

Also pretty clear from the card the ingredient and amount, in almost every instance, is grouped together with no spacing which lends credence to @LowerBama1714‘s reading of the list. Would also be kind of odd for them to leave the 3oz hanging at the end of the line above if it was really intended to belong to titanium at the start of the line below.

It doesn't matter at all what they're made of, as long as you like them. But as a matter of clarity, everyone around here refers to Paulsons, TRKs, BCCs, and ASM/CPCs as "clay" chips. The vast majority of people here believe they are in fact a clay composite. I thought so as well for a long time until I researched it further. They are thermoplastics and thermoset plastics. They're not clay chips with a small amount of plastic. They are majority plastic chips with some added fillers. Most people here would find that shocking, including the owner of CPC who still believes he's buying clay from his suppliers because they call it clay.

Rainman, a shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a clay that does not exist. A young loner on a crusade to champion the recipe of thermolastics, lead silicate, titanium oxide, in a world of PCFers who operate above th—-

Wait, sorry, that’s the introduction to Knight Rider.

In 2024, a crack statistician was sent to PCF by a bunch of PCF doubters for a clay that didn’t exist. He promptly escaped from the belief that CPC chips were clay and ended up in the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by PCFers, he survives as a chemist of fortune. If you have ingriedients, if no one else can help, and if you can threadjack him, maybe you can hire, the Rainma—-

Goddamnit, no, wait…that’s the intro to the fucking A-Team.

In 2024, a crack statistician was sent to PCF by a bunch of PCF doubters for a clay that didn’t exist. He promptly escaped from the belief that CPC chips were clay and ended up in the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by PCFers, he survives as a chemist of fortune. If you have ingriedients, if no one else can help, and if you can threadjack him, maybe you can hire, the Rainma—-

Goddamnit, no, wait…that’s the intro to the fucking A-Team.
the a team ba baracus GIF

Would also be kind of odd for them to leave the 3oz hanging at the end of the line above if it was really intended to belong to titanium at the start of the line below.
Except this was typed on an old typewriter with a manual carriage return. Not uncommon to have ideas and words drop from one line to the other ( like the hyphenated word "weighted" earlier in the card).
I still see the hyphens as breaks between the ingredients.

Answer this...if the amount was after the ingredient, how much purple is to be used with this recipe?

I've already explained it quite clearly. Multiple times. My point in contrasting the amount of lead per chip if you assume my interpretation is correct vs if you assume your interpretation is correct is that your formula results in a nonsensical amount of lead in each chip. We all know that leaded chips weigh about 2 grams more than non-leaded chips (8-9g/ea vs 10-12g/ea). If the formula for leaded chips makes up a mere 1.4% of the total weight (as in your interpretation) then removing all the lead from the chips would only change the weight by 1.4%. But we know this can't be true since leaded chips weigh ~22% more than unleaded chips (11g/9g = 1.22). However, using the correct (and obvious) interpretation of the formula, the math makes perfect sense.

The ingredients by volume are more informative than the ingredients by weight, though both are useful. You can calculate the volume using the formula Vsg=m/(SG∗998.2) where Vsg is the volume from specific gravity (m^3), m is the mass in kg, and SG is the specific gravity or density (g/cm^3).

Here is how the math works out for the correct interpretation of the formula. Notice all the numbers make perfect sense by both weight and volume.

Screen Shot 2024-01-28 at 10.30.00 PM.png

Here is how the math works out for your incorrect interpretation of the formula. Notice the numbers do not make sense whatsoever as your imaginary chips would be effectively pillows with some dust on them having 43.8% of the volume as cotton.

Screen Shot 2024-01-28 at 10.30.11 PM.png

Hope that helps. Though I don't hold out much hope.

Also worth pointing out is that the formula adds up to about 6.4kg worth of materials, which is probably enough for ~500 chips. It is not implied that the formula is sufficient for 2,000 chips. The order is for 2,000 chips. They likely had to purchase 4 bags of the mix to make 2,000 chips.

I can’t decide if Rainman just wanted his weekly reminder that he has some level of requisite intelligence or if he’s angling for a job at CPC, but if the latter, I would like his first project to be the arodie mold resurrection. Surely someone of his towering intellect can figure out how to bring back the wonder of arodie to the masses.

I just hope Spragg is smart enough to hire you before I get 2 racks of commemorative chips and they show up looking like I just popped into a Hanes discount sale at Costco.

I've already explained it quite clearly. Multiple times. My point in contrasting the amount of lead per chip if you assume my interpretation is correct vs if you assume your interpretation is correct is that your formula results in a nonsensical amount of lead in each chip. We all know that leaded chips weigh about 2 grams more than non-leaded chips (8-9g/ea vs 10-12g/ea). If the formula for leaded chips makes up a mere 1.4% of the total weight (as in your interpretation) then removing all the lead from the chips would only change the weight by 1.4%. But we know this can't be true since leaded chips weigh ~22% more than unleaded chips (11g/9g = 1.22). However, using the correct (and obvious) interpretation of the formula, the math makes perfect sense.

The ingredients by volume are more informative than the ingredients by weight, though both are useful. You can calculate the volume using the formula Vsg=m/(SG∗998.2) where Vsg is the volume from specific gravity (m^3), m is the mass in kg, and SG is the specific gravity or density (g/cm^3).

Here is how the math works out for the correct interpretation of the formula. Notice all the numbers make perfect sense by both weight and volume.

View attachment 1263732

Here is how the math works out for your incorrect interpretation of the formula. Notice the numbers do not make sense whatsoever as your imaginary chips would be effectively pillows with some dust on them having 43.8% of the volume as cotton.

View attachment 1263733

Hope that helps. Though I don't hold out much hope.
Actually, this is excellent. Already stated I wanted to do the same for both interpretations. I also previously suggested converting to volume based on density. Don't have to do either now.
~fist bump~
Will take a deeper look later.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom