CPC General discussion thread (7 Viewers)

To me this:
View attachment 1266022

reads as:
10 oz cotton - 3lbs
barytes - 7lbs 8oz
lead silicate - 3oz
titanium - 2lbs 8oz
dry vinyl - 3oz
lavender color - 0.5oz of purple

I think some folks are getting stuck on the 0.5 oz coming in between "Lav Color" and "Purple."

I think "Lav Color" is the business/marketing name for a color they achieve by using only a bit of purple and no other dye. For example (speculatively but to illustrate) Dark purple might have been made with 1oz of purple and 0.25oz of blue or Green might have been made with 0.5oz of blue and 0.5 oz yellow or some such dye combinations. It'd be like a designer telling a customer the color is "Banana Yellow" but they record down the hexadecimal or CMYK code so they can duplicate it consistently.
Okay, now I'm reading my own post and realize it could easily be read as:

10oz cotton
3lbs barytes
7lbs 8ozs lead silicate
3oz titanium
2 lbs 8oz dry vinyl
3oz lavender color
0.5 oz purple

So...once again I have contributed basically nothing useful to a PCF discussion.

ben carson t GIF

C
Okay, now I'm reading my own post and realize it could easily be read as:

10oz cotton
3lbs barytes
7lbs 8ozs lead silicate
3oz titanium
2 lbs 8oz dry vinyl
3oz lavender color
0.5 oz purple

So...once again I have contributed basically nothing useful to a PCF discussion.

ben carson t GIF
Not true, you have shown that the way it should be read is ambiguous and I think there are still some people that don’t accept that :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

C

Not true, you have shown that the way it should be read is ambiguous and I think there are still some people that don’t accept that :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
I don’t accept that….why add only 3oz of TiO2?

It’s a filler…but this amount fills nothing.

But…it doesn’t matter. Not one bit.

It is not ambiguous. There is only one way to interpret the formula, and it's not difficult. If you can't see it, then I don't know how to help you.

If you really think the formula calls for 3 lbs of 10oz-cotton woven fabric (bed sheets), as opposed to just 10 oz of raw cotton, and thereby having these cotton bed sheets account for 43.8% of the total volume of the chip, then you're an idiot. Sorry.

If you still think I'm wrong though, I'd be more than happy to take your money. Let's place a wager on it. I'll even offer you 20 to 1 odds and I'll accept wagers up to $1k. And since I know you can't do the math on that, I'll do it for you. That means if you are right, I'll pay you $20k on your $1k wager. Minimum wager I'll accept it $100 (that would pay you $2k if I'm wrong). @LowerBama1714, let me know when you're ready to bet.

You guys do realize that when someone talks about cotton weights they are referring to woven fabric and how thick the fabric is, right? You do know that this is not in reference to different species of cotton plants, right? Right?

You do know that there is no such thing as a "10 oz cotton plant" or a "5 oz cotton plant", right?

You guys do realize that when someone talks about cotton weights they are referring to woven fabric and how thick the fabric is, right? You do know that this is not in reference to different species of cotton plants, right? Right?

You do know that there is no such thing as a "10 oz cotton plant" or a "5 oz cotton plant", right?
Do a little research about composite engineering. Look up glass to resin ratio…this might help. Try to draw analogy to glass and resin in a fiberglass part…this might help.

Do a little research about composite engineering. Look up glass to resin ratio…this might help. Try to draw analogy to glass and resin in a fiberglass part…this might help.

This is amazing. Absolutely brilliant comment. Sounds like you're ready to place a wager? For YOU, I'll even offer 50 to 1.

This is amazing. Absolutely brilliant comment. Sounds like you're ready to place a wager? For YOU, I'll even offer 50 to 1.
I’m way past the “you wanna bet” phase of my life. If you presented a compelling argument other than…”there’s no way it could be that much cotton…you’re stupid if you think that”, then I’d agree or disagree.

This is a debate thread…please start by telling me why you are credible?

I’m way past the “you wanna bet” phase of my life. If you presented a compelling argument other than…”there’s no way it could be that much cotton…you’re stupid if you think that”, then I’d agree or disagree.

This is a debate thread…please start by telling me why you are credible?

I already proved it above with the volume conversion breakdowns and lead content. You're just too stupid to understand it.

Last edited:
Work with me here.....

I believe the formula is for 500 chips. to be multiplied by 4 or as many as the order required.

If we take the total weights of that formula we get 214.5oz.

214.5oz x 4 = 858 /16 we get 53.625lbs which is 24323 grams

Which is... drumroll........ 12.16gram for each chip.

So yes. 3 pounds of 10oz cotton.

I'd bet $100 on it,

Last edited:
Work with me here.....

I believe the formula is for 500 chips. to be multiplied by 4 or as many as the order required.

Which is... drumroll...is..... 12.16gram for each chip.

I'd bet $100 on it,
Stupidity Are You Stupid GIF

I already proved it above with the volume conversion breakdowns and lead content. You're just too stupid to understand it.
I really am trying to keep this civil.

Help me understand your professional background in composite engineering, whiteware ceramics or polymer science.

You seem to have none, so….i think you don’t know what you are blabbering about.

Work with me here.....

Which is... drumroll........ 12.16gram for each chip.

I'd bet $100 on it,

You're about to lose $100. Which charity would you like me to donate your funds to?

And yes, I agree that the formula is likely intended for 500 chips, although the total weight is slightly higher than your adorable interpretation yields (224.5 oz).

I really am trying to keep this civil.

Help me understand your professional background in composite engineering, whiteware ceramics or polymer science.

You seem to have none, so….i think you don’t know what you are blabbering about.

I'm done debating this. I'm offering you 50 to 1 odds. If you don't accept my wager, then at this point, you're just trolling. Put your money where your mouth is.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom