Have we finally reached market saturation?? (4 Viewers)

I have a bit of an issue with how negative everyone is on “shining.” I recognize just how bad it is when it’s clearly friends just fluffing up an ad but, as I said in an earlier comment, classifieds threads are a lot of how we see sets and cool racks and it’s fun to interact with those.

The set of live Aria chips listed right now is a GOAT live set to me. I’ve had a similar set before and the $20s live rent free in my head even though I’ve long since moved them on. It would be cool to interact in that thread and talk about the chips and etc. But I think to many that would come off as “thread shining.” And I think they wouldn’t be completely wrong. Interacting in a sales thread bumps it up artificially etc but these are cool! I want to comment on how much I love the Aria $20s and love shuffling these chips. Is that so wrong?

I have a bit of an issue with how negative everyone is on “shining.” I recognize just how bad it is when it’s clearly friends just fluffing up an ad but, as I said in an earlier comment, classifieds threads are a lot of how we see sets and cool racks and it’s fun to interact with those.

The set of live Aria chips listed right now is a GOAT live set to me. I’ve had a similar set before and the $20s live rent free in my head even though I’ve long since moved them on. It would be cool to interact in that thread and talk about the chips and etc. But I think to many that would come off as “thread shining.” And I think they wouldn’t be completely wrong. Interacting in a sales thread bumps it up artificially etc but these are cool! I want to comment on how much I love the Aria $20s and love shuffling these chips. Is that so wrong?
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/controversial-chip-poker-opinions.83207/page-74

LOLz

And I agree with you. Funny enough I just bought a set and everyone kept talking about how great it was. Could even be the same people here that said you shouldn’t.

I dont think bigots can judge that.
Bigots use that excuse all the time.

But it’s still prejudice and harassment whether bigots believe it or not.
I wonder how the marginalized homosexual community feels about your "go suck some dicks" commentary? Keep the conversation going, I'm thoroughly entertained by your banter.

I empathize with this -- fair to say a few bad actors will always taint perception of a larger group.

I wonder how the marginalized homosexual community feels about your "go suck some dicks" commentary? Keep the conversation going, I'm thoroughly entertained by your banter.
??? So you think that’s an insult? Feeds right into your bigotry.

Apologies, I interpreted a comment that began with "Fuck off with your agism shit" as slightly derogatory. Didn't realize you were positively encouraging me to find an equally enjoyable hobby.
Because you are a bigot and it’s hard for you to accept people that aren’t like you.

I’ll accept your apology this time because typically bigots need a little education. But try to work on it please.

Because you are a bigot and it’s hard for you to accept people that aren’t like you.

I’ll accept your apology this time because typically bigots need a little education. But try to work on it please.
Cool, now go back to crocheting or taking your 17th piss for the day or doing whatever it is you do.

The adults were having a good conversation that we'd like to continue.

Cool, now go back to crocheting or taking your 17th piss for the day or doing whatever it is you do.

The adults were having a good conversation that we'd like to continue.
Look at you. Someone calls you out for being offensive - and you double, triple down. Typical racism bullshit. Just keep insulting till you find a group that backs you, then you’ll be right? You need that group gratification, so you put down others to find it. Good luck with your bigot club.

See how your one “little insult” turns into pages of shit? Hope you enjoy wallowing in your bigot cesspool.

ron burgundy GIF

Please don't get this thread locked, there's some good discussion in here about prices and classifieds...

IMO complimenting chips is not an issue. Statements like "ridiculously underpriced" or "you should definitely buy this" feels like a hard sell and can be a conflict of interest sometimes. That's the stuff that can be harmful to new buyers.

PCF trying to work out how 'old farts' morphed into a conversation about racism and civil liberties...

maths GIF
Some bigots never learn. They just keep piling it on until they find their peers. Keep fishing, you will find your group eventually.

Please don't get this thread locked, there's some good discussion in here about prices and classifieds...

IMO complimenting chips is not an issue. Statements like "ridiculously underpriced" or "you should definitely buy this" feels like a hard sell and can be a conflict of interest sometimes. That's the stuff that can be harmful to new buyers.
It’s been discussed ad nauseum for the last 3 years. Your post and discussion you’re having right now is covered earlier in this thread and 20 others.

Not saying not to have it, not saying it’s not helpful, but just don’t be surprised when it gets overwritten by whatever else.

It’s not rocket science. Don’t attempt to impact sales selfishly, post what public chip sales go for. Transparency made simple. Until the community agrees to do that one simple thing, all these conversations and threads are pointless, or at least have no tangible effect.

EBB80154-086F-4E60-A272-076235576F7C.jpeg
775E9602-65E9-4201-A414-8C15D209BADC.jpeg
5E0B3DDD-C36E-47C0-BF2B-00833D1E5879.jpeg

Last edited:
It'd be great if the new classifieds section had standardized fields for ask price and sale price (after it was closed) so they could be tracked more easily, similar to eBay, without having to read through an entire thread to get the details. Obviously if a deal is made in PMs thats up to the buyer/seller if they want to disclose in either case.

Poor new PCFers. Gotta learn not to engage or poke the bears. Just enjoy the nuance and hilarity of it all.

Live look at PCFer after telling people to suck dicks:
View attachment 1180136

Yo Banboui. One of the benefits of being older around here is that you remember who stole money and chips and disappeared 2-3 times and then finally got banned for it.

It seems odd to me that something that’s worked well for over ten years is getting torn down by someone who is totally new to the forum. So you have an opinion. So do others with much more experience than you. You have stated your case, please stop the trolling.

It seems odd to me that something that’s worked well for over ten years is getting torn down by someone who is totally new to the forum. So you have an opinion. So do others with much more experience than you. You have stated your case, please stop the trolling.
100% a previous/current member on a new account, cmon now.

I hope you're not talking to me? If so, what am I tearing down? What is my case?

All I've contended is that the market is down for everything, not just chips....

I hope you're not talking to me? If so, what am I tearing down? What is my case?

All I've contended is that the market is down for everything, not just chips....
@BPTDirector

Bueller? Bueller? You can't just fly in here with your mighty saxophone, drop a baseless insult and disappear into the ether...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom