ImCrossland’s Chipping Journey! (Lol) (3 Viewers)

I've been doing nothing but murdering (and buying moar) chips since covid times.
I'm at +30 racks for this year...a few more and i'm done.

Then comes the labeling part (+6000 labels)....after that i'm not murdering a chip for the foreseeable future.
Hope all is well in kangerooland
Labeling is seriously a walk in the park and super fast compared to the hard work of murdering chips!

75 left
3k/3k/6k blinds
136k behind and I am BB

1 limp + SB limps and I look down at :qs::qd: and raise it up to 25k.

1 fold then SB calls.

Flop: :tc::js::3c:

SB raises it up to 50k.

What do you do in this situation?? (I have exactly 2k more than the SB)

75 left
3k/3k/6k blinds
136k behind and I am BB

1 fold then SB calls.

SB raises it up to 50k.

So the villain limps into a limper out of position and only cold calls a min raise? Then proceeds to pot bet a wet board? What am I missing here? What's your read on this player?

Either fold or jam, I guess. You're either way ahead or way behind.

75 left
3k/3k/6k blinds
136k behind and I am BB

1 fold then SB calls.

SB raises it up to 50k.

Shove and pray no Club brother! And no King, I have a feeling you are up against the AQ of clubs, but then again they wouldn't limp A/lower club? No straight draw??

Depends how the villain has been playing most of the night and what your read is. With the info provided I’m shoving it all in and feeling pretty good that I’m ahead.
It was my first hand at the table. Previous table just broke and we were filling in at the remaining tables.

Villain: “I am so sorry. You just got here so I thought you were just trying to bully the table. I shouldn’t have called.”

I inevitably shoved my remaining 111k after she bet 50k and…

69618F56-FD92-4024-BD5F-B524855FCF45.jpeg

It was my first hand at the table. Previous table just broke and we were filling in at the remaining tables.
I still think your ahead at this point. Probably hoping that a third club doesn’t come on the turn but I don’t think your behind at this point. Doubtful the villain is holding pocket 3,10, or jacks

Villain: “I am so sorry. You just got here so I thought you were just trying to bully the table. I shouldn’t have called.”

View attachment 839462
Last game I hosted the villain. Raises and I find AJ suited. I shove as the villain is the short stack with 99. Flop is nothing AJ two over pairs and the hand is mine or is it. Turn is northing and the river is at best a 2 outer and he hits a 9. Sometimes even with the best play the deck doesn’t want you to win. Keep playing solid and it will work out in the end.

View attachment 839462
Gross. I would have figured J 3 or 10 3 was possible there, but not J10. I would expect a raise from J10 when limped to preflop.

I figured 10 J here or a flush draw because of the limp/cold call preflop. I probably would call to see how he/she reacts to the turn but definitely a tough position.

When you were describing the action I was leaning towards J 10 (2 pair)

I figured 10 J here or a flush draw because of the limp/cold call preflop. I probably would call to see how he/she reacts to the turn but definitely a tough position.

When you were describing the action I was leaning towards J 10 (2 pair)
Hard to put her on that hand since she was risking ~20% of her stack with a call. With Queens, and no A or K on the flop, I’m feeling like AJ is more likely, maybe AK but if she were suited, she’s probably re-raising me pre-flop.

Pocket Kings or Aces and she’s probably coming over the top pre-flop as well.

Hard to put her on that hand since she was risking ~20% of her stack with a call. With Queens, and no A or K on the flop, I’m feeling like AJ is more likely, maybe AK but if she were suited, she’s probably re-raising me pre-flop.

Pocket Kings or Aces and she’s probably coming over the top pre-flop as well.
I agree with AJo as well because I don’t like raising out of position with hands like that but that’s me.. knowing how player plays is a big factor here because when they bet $50 you have to know they’re strong (2 pair plus) or if they’re gambling which I doubt unless they’re really aggressive..

I agree with AJo as well because I don’t like raising out of position with hands like that but that’s me.. knowing how player plays is a big factor here because when they bet $50 you have to know they’re strong (2 pair plus) or if they’re gambling which I doubt unless they’re really aggressive..
The fact that it’s a tourney and I have them covered just makes it more difficult. I bet it up to 25k from 6k because I’m hoping for 1 call.

Was an 85% favorite pre-flop and while the flop sucked, that’s poker. Never fun to bust out of a tourney like that but oh well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom