ImCrossland’s Chipping Journey! (Lol) (2 Viewers)

I hated being that guy but David generously allowed me to put off my order until I was satisfied with it. His update regarding 2022 price increases was all the reminder I needed to spend a day completing the set and designing an inlay.

I'm proud to show this one off and looking at my previous set, I can't thank David enough for his patience with me. I wanted to build a vibrant lineup that was flexible for all kinds of stakes but one that focused all attention on the workhorse chips.

With this being my first custom set, and more surely to come, I feel really good about it. I give you... Pegasus Card Room

nIwuD52.png

s3cX2sG.png
Those turned out great. Love the $5, it reminds me of another chip… ;)

I tried everything I could to use Bright White but there was an increased risk of split spots if I didn’t use Dayglo spot colors.

Since I had pretty much exhausted all of those colors on the previous 2 chips, it didn’t look very good on the $100.

I tried to split the difference by using “Charcoal” rather than “Black” but it was pretty much the best I could come up with considering what I had to work with.
why not regular white? the hundo looks too "plain" compared to the rest of the lineup. Need something more inline with the rest of the lineup IMO. Also have you considered using red for the denom colour? Just seem to light of a colour to be using on a white background. The Pegasus theme surely would have warranted the use of the HHR or jockey mold.

Looking forward to seeing how these turn out especially the $5.

why not regular white? the hundo looks too "plain" compared to the rest of the lineup. Need something more inline with the rest of the lineup IMO. Also have you considered using red for the denom colour? Just seem to light of a colour to be using on a white background. The Pegasus theme surely would have warranted the use of the HHR or jockey mold.

Looking forward to seeing how these turn out especially the $5.
I have some samples coming in to really make me look over what the various reds actually look like in person. I’ve seen pictures on here but wasn’t confident enough in a decision.

Due to the possibility I could change the $100 in the future, I only ordered a single barrel so I’m not stressing too hard about that choice just yet.

I’m equally interested to see how the $5 turns out as it’s quite obvious what it’s inspiration is from. Would be incredible to have my own BTP $5 for $2.85/chip lol

Can’t tell if I love or hate the $25.

Can you share any insight on why you went for primary and secondary $5s?
From initial pictures, I couldn’t really get a feel for what the chips would look like close-up.

I didn’t want to get one $5 and then see proper photos of the other and end up liking them.

The Radiant Red $5 are absolutely amazing and the only chip that makes me second guess whether I want a Cali set or traditional set. (I still prefer Cali, but I thought about it).

One thing I definitely took away from these, and this is purely subjective but: Canary Yellow > Yellow.

It’s not even close in my opinion. I was very disappointed in the Yellow $20 only because I thought in my head that they were similar and to my eye, photos aside, they are not.

Not sure how you did it, but I love it! You're always making a big splash, well done :)
I did absolutely nothing, similar to the rest of my "finds."

Offer very stupid prices for other chips, worthy of being admitted to a psych ward, and a PM will inevitably come (although it's never for what you're actually looking for...). This is the only thing in my life that I have been "rewarded" for being a dumb ass.

But I enjoy taking pictures of chips if you guys have any to send my way! lol

This has been an absolutely exhausting process for being a hobby so I’m calling this it. This is my first relabel set. All chips acquired aside from the Bullwhacker’s $1 (I have 1/20).

Inlay removal begins Monday. Time to waste my weekend away with how-to videos.
View attachment 830763
Missing a incredible opportunity to make ESPT25s your nickel here. Otherwise looks great.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom