Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (45 Viewers)

Are you my wife?!

I have the Blanton's SFTB, and 1.5 EHT BP (with another on the way soon :love:). But that particular Booker's is being reviewed as one of the best in years by Booker's experts.
I haven't cracked mine yet

What’s everyone’s prize top shelf bottle? I’m curious

Here’s mine. I overpaid and don’t regret it at all.

DB11973D-4930-43AE-94E3-B255C1DAA90C.jpeg

What’s everyone’s prize top shelf bottle? I’m curious

Here’s mine. I overpaid and don’t regret it at all.

View attachment 1032728

I was on the fast track to get one at retail $99 no tax. Unfortunately it didn't work out.

Mine is GTS all day, then WLW, then Parkers Heritage. I have not yet had ER17 so I can't comment on that one yet

Made a trip up to Kentucky this past summer for a few tours. It was our anniversary and the wife was thrilled that we spent it tasting bourbon!! So we stopped by the beach for a couple days after. Anyway, I “harvested” this group.

D6564CEC-A174-42C8-BB70-A765D51FCED1.jpeg

My favorites
Affordable
Basil Hayden’s
Buffalo Trace
Makers Mark

Top Shelf
WhistlePig 12yr
Garrison Brothers Small Batch

CHEAP - Benchmark

I guess I need advice. As previously stated, I am traveling to Vegas tomorrow. The Venetian charges for any movement in the fridge. Also, there will be no room for beer etc. What do you guys do for hotel room whiskey and beer? Ice in the bath tub? 7-11 foam cooler? Also why am I asking these questions for an elite room? Most rooms have open fridges...

I guess I need advice. As previously stated, I am traveling to Vegas tomorrow. The Venetian charges for any movement in the fridge. Also, there will be no room for beer etc. What do you guys do for hotel room whiskey and beer? Ice in the bath tub? 7-11 foam cooler? Also why am I asking these questions for an elite room? Most rooms have open fridges...
mandalay bay was the same way. don't drink beer and just set whiskey bottle by the AC

also check out the liquor outlet across from mandalay bay that is where I got elmer t lee. guy says he gets his shipment friday morning.

Last edited:
And they won't clear out the refrigerator if you ask? That sucks...

a lot of places you can ask them to remove everything from the fridge, like say you need to store a medication that needs to stay cold...

god it's old. I forget how old this tastes. Like I don't really know how to describe it except for that.

Nose is the remnants of old sherry or madeira barrels that have been slightly cracked open and stored in the back of a rickhouse for a decade, with an apple/plum ochard out back. On the coast. Palate is more of the same, very ripe sherry and plum notes with slight baking spices and some toasted oak. Just a very slight hint of smoke. Warm finish that lasts forever without even the hint of being overpowering.

You can probably tell this is one of my favorite bottles lolz.....

Nose is the remnants of old sherry or madeira barrels that have been slightly cracked open and stored in the back of a rickhouse for a decade, with an apple/plum ochard out back. On the coast. Palate is more of the same, very ripe sherry and plum notes with slight baking spices and some toasted oak. Just a very slight hint of smoke. Warm finish that lasts forever without even the hint of being overpowering.

You can probably tell this is one of my favorite bottles lolz.....
nice notes, I struggle to find smoke on the palate but the nose is amazing

I kinda get the feeling that this is more what scotch used to be like back in the day.

remarkable flavors without having sweetness

I have maybe a dram twice a year and don't reach for it as often as I should.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom