Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (65 Viewers)

@Thisfiendis138 haven’t forgotten your generosity, bud!
738B77FF-746B-4BD4-BA0A-881484523D69.jpeg

What should I open and drink today? Nothing too special here, but nothing awful either. And don't pick the Weller SR. I will probably save that for a local tater who will over pay because iT's WelLeR oMg1!

Bardstown Fusion 3
Bookers 2020-03
Elijah Craig Toasted Barrel
Four Roses Single Barrel
High Plains Rye
Knob Creek Single Barrel Select Bourbon
Knob Creek Single Barrel Select Rye
Larceny Barrel Proof A122
Larceny Barrel Proof B522
Makers Mark Costco Generations 2019
Makers Mark Costco Generations 2020
Makers Mark Costco Generations 2021
McKenna Bottled in Bond
New Riff Malted Rye
Pikesville Rye
Russell's Single Barrel store pick
Weller Special Reserve 1.75L
Widow Jane 13yr

What should I open and drink today? Nothing too special here, but nothing awful either. And don't pick the Weller SR. I will probably save that for a local tater who will over pay because iT's WelLeR oMg1!

Bardstown Fusion 3
Bookers 2020-03
Four Roses Single Barrel
High Plains Rye
McKenna Bottled in Bond
New Riff Malted Rye
Pikesville Rye
Widow Jane 13yr
Lot's of good there. Knod SB, Larceny BP, ECTB, Russell's....all great bottles. Haven't had much of the rest.

What's MSRP on Alberta Cask Strength Rye now? I have a feeling dickweed store owner was being a dickweed when he quoted me on one from the case that he just got in.
I paid $69 last week at a store here in Texas that claims to only sell at MSRP.

Bardstown Fusion 3
Bookers 2020-03
Four Roses Single Barrel
High Plains Rye
McKenna Bottled in Bond
New Riff Malted Rye
Pikesville Rye
Widow Jane 13yr
Larceny A122 might be my favorite batch of the year

I paid $69 last week at a store here in Texas that claims to only sell at MSRP.
$65 or $70 seemed right, but I was in a bit of a hurry and wasn't going to look it up in the store. When dickweed came along at $90, I noped out of there, it seemed high. Too bad, too, because I've gotten some nice bottles from him in the past (RR13 @ $90, Little Book at retail). I think his rep has grown and he's got a whole tater farm of overpaying morons now. He has no use for discerning customers like me.

Decent bottle that improved a bit after opening. View attachment 1041368
Wilderness Trail are simply the best of the new breed of bourbon producers. To my taste no one can touch them. The regular offerings are fully on point and I think offer great value. They do have plenty of single barrel store picks out there that are well worth getting. outside of the major old school producers they are the bourbon/rye distiller that I have the most of

Work Christmas gift

Pretty standard well done scotch. Bakers Chocolate finish very late. Interesting bottle.
View attachment 1041775
That's a very generous work gift! That said Glenmorangie varies from Meh-Good. I never feel the need to get one since it's (well not signet) frequently an on the shelf option when I'm out and about the selection is Major Label only.

That's a very generous work gift! That said Glenmorangie varies from Meh-Good. I never feel the need to get one since it's (well not signet) frequently an on the shelf option when I'm out and about the selection is Major Label only.
Yeah, I'd only ever had Glenmorangie The Nectar D'Or really early on in my whiskey journey and it hadn't been memorable so I hadn't ever tried it again, now I've been gifted 3 bottles in the same month.

Also gorgeous packaging.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom