Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (52 Viewers)

CEAF83C0-00C4-447C-A709-E14BF6F02752.jpeg

Been lurking a while but loving the super quality booze that's been shared and happily consumed. I'd been really happy with the Larceny barrel proof batches and recently picked up a Four Roses Small Batch Select that I liked way more than I expected to. If I remember tonight, I'll take a couple pictures of what I've got open, maybe even during the WC final

Knob Creek 18

View attachment 1021704

Need to do a 12 - 15 - 18 year flight to see how it compares (the 12 is one of my absolute favorites).

Let’s schedule it. I’ll have my 18yr soon and I will open it immediately. Then, I’ll want to wait a few weeks to compare them.

@Saoliver let's pick a date for this. I'm off work next week after Christmas and can stay up a little later to help with the time zone difference, does any night that week work for you?

How is this one? I bet it is tasty as all get out! Not to mention punching well at 102 proof!
and for the rest of us who want to know how it was? I've got my one bottle reserved for a specific special occasion hopefully coming up in April but I've got the chance to pick up a second bottle and wondering if I should pull the trigger.

@Saoliver let's pick a date for this. I'm off work next week after Christmas and can stay up a little later to help with the time zone difference, does any night that week work for you?
1671385510725.jpeg

I’m off work next week too! Any day works, but Tues and Thur would have to be after 8pm my time.

and for the rest of us who want to know how it was? I've got my one bottle reserved for a specific special occasion hopefully coming up in April but I've got the chance to pick up a second bottle and wondering if I should pull the trigger.
You should buy a 2nd bottle. ;)

It’s very good. Spicier than I expected. I’ll want to compare it to the Blue Spot.

The nose is clove, baking spice, butterscotch, and warm bread.

Palate is sugar cookie, vanilla, raisins, and some wine notes coming through. It’s really deep and dark.

To me, it’s like Blue Spot and Red Spot had a baby.

1671388608041.png

Early Christmas present from my brother. Very tasty. A lot of classic flavor notes, but everything is cranked to 11. Sweetness, heat, and barrel impact all cranked up a bit, yet still balanced. I will be keeping this one handy for when a full-bodied bourbon is called for. (Most of the time?!?)

View attachment 1043200

Early Christmas present from my brother. Very tasty. A lot of classic flavor notes, but everything is cranked to 11. Sweetness, heat, and barrel impact all cranked up a bit, yet still balanced. I will be keeping this one handy for when a full-bodied bourbon is called for. (Most of the time?!?)
I’m yet to find a Lux Row offering that I don’t like. This looks tasty.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom