PCF Member Taking Advantage Of Community Generosity (3 Viewers)

BLOCKED FOR MENTIONING BEING BLOCKED
Football Sport GIF by FC Dynamo Moscow

This isn’t generally a community. Hasn’t been for a long, long time. It’s a marketplace with some afficinados/hobbyists.

I’d never give anyone money here unless I’d met them at a meetup, hung out with them, got to know them, and trusted them.

Giving someone money here that you haven’t met yet is no different than just shipping money to a random person on reddit.
hey pal, hey buddy

got a $1,000 I can borrow.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................have...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

hey pal, hey buddy

got a $1,000 I can borrow.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................have...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
You left off the faux sob story that pulls on my heartstrings and causes me to give money to a complete stranger.

Please compose yourself and try again.

You left off the faux sob story that pulls on my heartstrings and causes me to give money to a complete stranger.

Please compose yourself and try again.
Dear compassionate @bergs ,

This isn’t an easy letter to write, but I’ve run out of options and time. I never thought I’d find myself in a situation like this, let alone reaching out to a stranger for help, but desperation does strange things to a person.

I’ve always prided myself on being a good provider for my family. My wife, Sarah, and I have two beautiful kids—Ben, 8, and Sophie, 5. We had a simple life, nothing fancy, but we were happy. Then I made a mistake that I deeply regret every single day.

A few months ago, I started playing poker with some guys from work. At first, it was just a bit of fun—something to break up the routine. But somewhere along the way, it became more than that. I got caught up in the thrill of winning, convinced myself that I could make a little extra for my family. I was wrong.

The losses started small, but they quickly snowballed. I told myself I could win it all back, that I just needed one good hand. But that hand never came. Instead, I lost more than I ever imagined possible. I drained our savings, maxed out our credit cards, and even borrowed money from people I shouldn’t have. Now, the debt collectors are knocking at our door, and I’ve put my family at risk of losing everything—our home, our car, and any sense of security we had left.

I’ve tried to fix things. I’ve taken on extra shifts, sold whatever we could spare, and begged for extensions, but it’s not enough. My wife is devastated, and I’m ashamed to face my kids, knowing that my foolish choices have put them in this position.

I know I don’t deserve it, but if you could find it in your heart to help us out, even just a little, it could mean the difference between keeping a roof over our heads or losing the only place my children have ever known as home. I’m doing everything I can to turn things around, but I need a little help to get back on my feet and make things right for my family.

I can’t promise you anything in return, except that I will never make this mistake again. I’ll spend the rest of my life making it up to my family and to anyone kind enough to help us out of this hole I’ve dug. I'll even fold pre-flop.

Sincerely,
CraigT78

So authentic until the fold pre comment. I was even finding myself ignoring the fact that I know he has 15 kids, not just 2.

This isn’t an easy letter to write, but I’ve run out of options and time. I never thought I’d find myself in a situation like this, let alone reaching out to a stranger for help, but desperation does strange things to a person.

I’ve always prided myself on being a good provider for my family. My wife, Sarah, and I have two beautiful kids—Ben, 8, and Sophie, 5. We had a simple life, nothing fancy, but we were happy. Then I made a mistake that I deeply regret every single day.

A few months ago, I started playing poker with some guys from work. At first, it was just a bit of fun—something to break up the routine. But somewhere along the way, it became more than that. I got caught up in the thrill of winning, convinced myself that I could make a little extra for my family. I was wrong.

The losses started small, but they quickly snowballed. I told myself I could win it all back, that I just needed one good hand. But that hand never came. Instead, I lost more than I ever imagined possible. I drained our savings, maxed out our credit cards, and even borrowed money from people I shouldn’t have. Now, the debt collectors are knocking at our door, and I’ve put my family at risk of losing everything—our home, our car, and any sense of security we had left.

I’ve tried to fix things. I’ve taken on extra shifts, sold whatever we could spare, and begged for extensions, but it’s not enough. My wife is devastated, and I’m ashamed to face my kids, knowing that my foolish choices have put them in this position.

I know I don’t deserve it, but if you could find it in your heart to help us out, even just a little, it could mean the difference between keeping a roof over our heads or losing the only place my children have ever known as home. I’m doing everything I can to turn things around, but I need a little help to get back on my feet and make things right for my family.

I can’t promise you anything in return, except that I will never make this mistake again. I’ll spend the rest of my life making it up to my family and to anyone kind enough to help us out of this hole I’ve dug. I'll even fold pre-flop.

Sincerely,
CraigT78
Dear Penthouse,

I never thought I’d be writing to you but here goes……

Oh wait. Wrong Forum.

Sincerely,
CraigT78
Is this an intervention?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom