PCF = Potato Chip Feud (1 Viewer)

Help to build a bridge across the Atlantic. What are they called?

• Chips

Votes: 12 13.3%
  • Yes they’re chips

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Everyone knows they’re chips

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Fries (i.e. the wrong answer)

Votes: 71 78.9%

• Total voters
Sometimes Americans are just wrong. But part of being American is that you never admit it, even when they know they’re wrong.

So you just chant “USA, USA, USA” until people just let you win anyway.

@BonScot is right. The top ones are chips and and the bottom ones are crisps.

This isn’t up for debate. I’m English and it’s my language :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:. You Americans borrowed the language and bodged some of it up. You even stole the name of our national sport.

Annoyingly even in Australia people call crisps chips. They are wrong too.

Oh and for the record, normalcy is not a word. I don’t care if one of your presidents used it, that doesn’t make it a word.

Now excuse me, I’m about to duck.

This isn’t up for debate. I’m English and it’s my language :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:. You Americans borrowed the language and bodged some of it up. You even stole the name of our national sport.

Oh and for the record, normalcy is not a word. I don’t care if one of your presidents used it, that doesn’t make it a word.

Your positions on these matters are just as your position on this planet...completely upside down.

The problem with the poll it is that on the first picture the "fries" seems to be billed so none of the 4 options applies.
Can we have boiled finger potatoes as 5th option?

Sometimes Americans are just wrong. But part of being American is that you never admit it, even when they know they’re wrong.

So you just chant “USA, USA, USA” until people just let you win anyway.
I have witnessed this in action. I was in the sports bar in Caesars palace and a group of lads were shouting USA over and over again. I thought it was nice of them to remind tourists what country they were visiting...

Something that people from Scotland and England can agree on. I never saw that happening...
I could never understand why a game that involves handling a ball is called “football”. At least football teams on this side of the pond actually use their feet. :LOL: :laugh:

The problem with the poll it is that on the first picture the "fries" seems to be billed so none of the 4 options applies.
Can we have boiled finger potatoes as 5th option?
FFS just do me a favour and vote for “chips” :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

WHAT?? I suppose you're also going to try to convince us that the French didn't create French fries. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

A little order :)

So, @BonScot, what is the correct way to say "I'm going out to smoke a cigarette"? ;-)
(You might as well post it directly in the OOC thread, cause that's where it's heading)
I don’t smoke so I wouldn’t know :LOL: :laugh:

My friends who do smoke will ask each other if they “fancy going out for a quick fag.”

For some reason Americans find this funny... :D

"Crisps" much like "whilst" is a perfectly good word for English people to use when they are in England. Anyone else using it anywhere else is wrong and in the wrong neighborhood will get you a punch in the face.

By the way, the word "soccer" comes from England.

"Crisps" much like "whilst" is a perfectly good word for English people to use when they are in England. Anyone else using it anywhere else is wrong and in the wrong neighborhood will get you a punch in the face.

By the way, the word "soccer" comes from England.
I’m not English and not in England. When will you Mexicans get a grasp of geography?? :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom