PCF = Potato Chip Feud (1 Viewer)

Help to build a bridge across the Atlantic. What are they called?

• Chips

Votes: 12 13.3%
  • Yes they’re chips

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Everyone knows they’re chips

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Fries (i.e. the wrong answer)

Votes: 71 78.9%

• Total voters
Ok guys here it is... Food heaven.

Battered haddock, chips (not fries), copious amounts of salt and vinegar and a can of Irn Bru. That’s your Friday night sorted.
View attachment 275333
And all this time I thought those were pommes frites...
Skip the vinegar and poutine it up with some cheese curds and brown gravy.. or go with the North East US treatment and make it mozzarella and gravy...
Disco Fries for the win

Skip the vinegar and poutine it up with some cheese curds and brown gravy.. or go with the North East US treatment and make it mozzarella and gravy...
Disco Fries for the win
We do similar here. Chips’n’cheese’n’gravy or if you’re feeling exotic replace the gravy with curry sauce...

The results are in and it’s pretty comprehensive. Thanks everyone for taking part.

AA9DDAB2-14C9-4DB3-B4D1-76ADA5E21EA3.jpeg

Remember if the results appear differently on your screen it’s fake news!!

Last edited:
So close, except for the number of total voters. :D
I thought some people wouldn’t be happy with the result so I ran it past my friend in Washington. He plays golf over here sometimes. He had this to say...

“Firstly I’d like to thank whoever put this forum together. They did a fantastic job. It’s really classy. Would you look at this forum? The way it’s been put together? It’s wonderful. I like chippers. I met a chipper the other day. I’ve met with chippers from all over the world. Aren’t chippers great guys? Some are women. I like women. Aren’t woman fantastic? We spoke about this poll and he thought it was a great poll. I think it’s a great poll. I think it’s a fair poll. It’s a very fair poll. In fact I think it’s the fairest poll in the history of polls. And probably one of the greatest. Some people think it’s not a fair poll and that’s too bad. Life isn’t fair.”

I think that says it all :D

size0.jpg

American soldiers stationed in Wallonia (the francophone region of Belgium) incorrectly named "les frites" as ‘French fries’
The "French fries" mislabel was the result of naming the fries after the French language spoken in Wallonia.

The "Freedom fries" thing make a lot of Europeans to laugh a lot. Along with the boycott cheese and pouring wine into the gutter thing

Disco Chips for the win
FYP.

The results are in and it’s pretty comprehensive. Thanks everyone for taking part.

View attachment 275920

Remember if the results appear differently on your screen it’s fake news!!
My friend, the background isn’t white....it’s a light gray. You can see all the rectangles added

And, I think India may offer some help settling this debate. It’s was under the crown less than a hundred year ago. It’s super British. I polled friends, 100% fries in that picture

Last edited:
And, I think India may offer some help settling this debate. It’s was under the crown less than a year ago.
That’ll be news to everyone in India seeing as they thought they’d gotten rid of us over 70 years ago... :LOL: :laugh:

Last edited:
Yeah I’m sitting here in my Morris dancing gear drinking cider and eating toad in the hole :LOL: :laugh:
No comment on the Morris dancing, but toad in the hole is my specialty. Greatest food invention ever. Long live the empire :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
4CC93640-7A5B-4F46-9454-FD28CA4FB413.jpeg

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom